24 days ago
The Green Recruitment Company are currently partnered with a leading European provider of cloud-neutral and carrier - neutral colocation data centre services. Headquartered in the Netherlands and delivers its services through 53 data centres in 11 European countries.
Our client seeks an experience Power Systems Manager to drive the energisation of both new and existing data centre campuses, in line with changing customer demands, i.e. decarbonisation.
This position is part of the team responsible for a single key function in the D&E team, namely, power and energy. This position will support all activities required to obtain preliminary primary (HV) and/or secondary (MV) utility supplies at project commencement (utility confirmation at early due diligence) and thereafter manage all activities required to obtain and execute on the formal connection agreement(s) through to design and delivery of the same.
- Lead the process to obtain and secure utility power connection agreements
- Stringent analysis of networks to identify the challenges faced and to reengineer the electrical scheme to meet the techno / commercial / regulatory needs, at all voltage levels from LV to EHV.
- Input into the design of the MV and/or HV site infrastructures
- Provide support to Construction Team from handover-of-utility-for-construction through commissioning/power-on across the portfolio of projects
- Drive scope, schedule, and budget decisions to conclusion including managing internal and external resources, project teams, contractors, and vendors relating to power and energy
- Support the Director with market initiatives to enable “power banking” strategies
- Keep up to date with legislation
- Experience working as a design engineer/manager in LV to EHV systems across EMEA region will be given high preference
- Good understanding of electrical and mechanical systems as well as knowledge of the energy use of organizations, with a recognized degree or equivalent (background in engineering preferred)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in power infrastructure design and management
- Project management experience, with the ability to carry out full feasibility studies
- Knowledge of development process and key considerations from a power infrastructure perspective
- Strong IT skills: ability to use multiple communication tools and packages essential
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills at all levels of the organization and with other stakeholders and third parties such as suppliers
- Demonstrated ability to lead external teams with excellent relationship building skills, and ability to work in a collaborative manner
- Provide a high-level of commitment to customer service with co-workers and stakeholders
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Able to work under pressure