A rare opportunity to join a interesting Renewables start up who specialise in Developing projects into the UK and international markets. A great opportunity for any Italian candidates to move to London.
- Support the team in developing new PV projects in the Italian Market
- Screen, filter and select project opportunities
- Lead deal structuring and commercial negotiations with developers and other key market players for the acquisition of pipelines or establishment of JVs and other possible partnership;
- Properly assess the commercial & contractual terms of each opportunity ensuring its economic viability. Also evaluating & understanding both the business and the financial model;
- Ensure projects reach ready to build status by managing the relationship with the relevant stakeholders such as planning consultants, authorities, land owners, grid operators, offtakers, advisors, etc.
- Link and work with local authorities, utility companies and private entities as well as with financial institutions, funds, potential investors and buyers implementing the strategic partnerships for the country
- Coordinate the tasks and inputs of the Engineering team as well as the supporting functions such as Legal, Tax, and Finance team – and eventually external advisors - during the development phase as well as during the acquisition and sale phase
- Keep himself/herself timely and fully informed on any market development and industry news/events in order to quickly identify business opportunities
- 5 - 10 years’ experience in the development of renewable projects (Solar PV and wind). Additional knowledge of conventional generation projects and infrastructure sector projects in Italy will be a plus
- Deep knowledge of the Italian PV sector, specific permitting regulation, PPA dealing, merchant schemes and high development experience in the country of large scale projects, medium and small projects as well of Solar PV facilities.
- Proven experience in negotiating and closing commercial transactions with landlords, developers, equity partners, final consumers (due diligence, acquisition, JVs, SPA contract negotiation , EPC Contracts, PLAs/Licenses for Solar Projects)
- Deep understanding of the permitting processes in Italy application and regulation.
- Proven experience in multinational environments and complex organizations
- Experience on project finance would be a plus