Negotiable plus bonus and benefits
over 1 year ago
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Operations Supervisor will involve a great deal of interface with equivalent-level staff with key contractors onsite including the Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM). Predominantly office-based, the Operations Supervisor will work mainly onshore, with offshore visits required a minimum of 6 times per year.
- Assist in developing a safe and efficient working environment and drive improvements in contractor HSE management.
- Support the Operations Manager with executing all normal operations.
- Supervise and control all OEM, company and other operations occurring within the windfarm and maintain a constant state of awareness of all activities.
- Act as the company Wind Turbine Safety Rules Operational Controller, issuing and controlling all permits to work in all areas of the windfarm, WTG and access to the offshore substations.
- Manage and work alongside subcontractors to develop and document operational solutions.
- Support the Operations Manager in developing and executing annual maintenance plans.
- Oversee and provide operational control of all main component and major repair activity carried out by subcontractors on behalf of London Array Limited.
- Provide operational management of all subcontractors.
- Author company approved written procedures comprising Risk Assessment, Method Statement and Dynamic Risk Analysis.
- Adhere to the company HSMS and support its continual development working with company HSE team.
- Support the development of internal Operational Management systems and solutions.
- Report on all elements of contractor performance.
- Review and authorise the allocation of all turbine down time.
- Directly supervise company Marine Coordinators and company Operations Senior Technicians.
- HND in Marine/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent (NVQ L4 and above).
- Evidence of extensive industry specific technical training.
- All current offshore certification.
- Certified AP/SAP at minimum 33kV.
- HNC Marine/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent (NVQ L3 and above).
- Portfolio of evidence of related technical training packages.
- Extensive supervisory experience in an O&M environment within the offshore wind industry.
- Experience of installation and commissioning of WTG or closely related assets.
- Good knowledge of maintenance management and process control systems.
- Demonstrated progression from technician to more senior levels.
- Significant experience at Supervisor/Shift Manager level with demonstrable responsibility for documentation packages as authorising engineer or similar.
- Offshore or WTG experience at Supervisory level within a turbine OEM is an advantage.
- Exceptional communication and able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to lead, motivate and supervise large groups of technicians and influence technical staff.
- Intuitive understanding of complex technical and interrelated systems.
- Technical reporting.
- Ability to analyse safety risk and develop mitigation strategies.
- Organised and methodical approach to overcoming challenges.