9 months ago
Managing and challenging O&M providers and HV contractors on an on-shore wind farm portfolio in the UK. Working closely with the Contract Managers and O&M providers to maximise asset performance.
The Operations Project Manager will be responsible for the day to day technical operations management of a portfolio of projects, directing internal and external resources to deliver services to those projects on time and on budget, maximising performance from the outset.
As Operations Project Manager the candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all site activities related to their designated projects are carried out in line with the company group OM guidelines and requirements covering health, safety and environment and CDM Regulations, as well as any ISO Accreditations that the company holds from time to time.
- Holding the O&M provider to account against KPIs in the O&M contract. Attending site meetings with the O&M. Reporting (monthly and by exception) on performance against agreed planned maintenance schedules and agreed production budgets. Preparing and managing asset specific improvements plans.
- Manage a portfolio of wind farms, ensuring that all O&M works are undertaken in accordance with the agreed contractual scope and industry best practice, efficiently and effectively.
- Be the first point of contact for clients, organising regular update calls and producing monthly reports.
- Use monitoring software to monitor the sites on a daily basis and organise appropriate responses to site and system issues which may arise from the monitoring platform.
- Form effective working relationships with the portfolio O&M providers.
- Ensure the O&M provider manages (open/close/update) fault tickets, keeping to contractual obligations and response times.
- Ensure the O&M provider liaise with LV and HV teams, subcontractors and third parties, and manage the work calendar, ensuring the teams are briefed in a concise, accurate manner
- Ensure works are organised to maximise performance and safe operation of the plant;
- Carry out annual audits of the O&M providers and evidence that the O&M implement good H&S best practices, including chasing RAMS, raising Work Orders and arranging Site Inductions, and that the O&M ensure that all activities are carried out under the approved UK HSE system and/or in compliance with other industry rules and regulations, including CDM Regulations and the Turbine Safety Rules.
- Prepare post-audit improvement plans for the O&M, ensuring that actions are tracked closed out in a timely manner.
- Help with the development of company processes.
- High-light and escalate commercial issues and help provide evidence forcommercial claims to project the project company’s position.
EXPERIENCE and COMPETENCIES
- Proven track record in Project Management of operational wind farms.
- Proven ability to manage O&M providers to achieve excellent asset performance.
- Demonstrate ability to build effective working relationships with O&M providers and investors alike.
- Working knowledge of project planning processes and able to multi task effectively.
- Able to remain composed and professional under pressure, keeping a positive outlook.
- Driven and able to take initiative, utilising time efficiently to meet deadlines effectively.
- Excellent attention to detail, using evidence based monitoring processes, with an emphasis on safety.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good IT skills in word/excel.
- Background in Mechanical engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Background working with institutional investors.
- An understanding of health and safety regulations and CDM.
- Be a self-motivated individual that can work remotely as well as in a team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Understand how to avoid and resolve commercial claims and disputes.
- Logical thinker and clear communicator, with solid interpersonal skills.
- Ability to anticipate customers’ and stakeholders’ needs and design, promote or support the delivery of products and services that exceed customers’ expectations.
- Ability to effectively organise and plan work according to organisational needs.
- Consistently promotes and maintains high standards of quality at work.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with people inside and outside of the organisation.
- Ability to effectively work and collaborate with others towards a common goal.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE
- University degree, preferably in a technical or environmental discipline.
- Demonstrable knowledge of renewable energy development and operations.
- Appropriate health & safety qualifications.