Up to £45,000
4 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside a leading energy consultancy in their search for an Operations and Commercial Manager. The consultancy provides commercial energy procurement; managing client’s risk to ensure transparency and reliability. This award-winning company serves blue chip clients across the UK and boasts an impressive client retention rate.
The client is looking for an experienced individual to join their growing energy projects team. The Operations and Commercial manager will report to the Projects Director, and will be responsible for the coordination of project information, and the smooth running of the project business. They will be working with a team of Project Managers, our Project Office Manager and Project Administration Team. The client often runs several large national energy efficiency projects at once, with up to 75 operatives in the field.
- Developing and implementing processes and systems to allow project work to be efficiently planned, tracked and reported on
- Collating and providing management reporting regarding project progress
- Facilitating efficient collection of data required for business cases, customer reporting and work sign-off
- Managing commercial relationships with equipment and installation providers
- Central coordination of compliance and health and safety
- Planning of stock and equipment required for projects
The individual selected would be expected to meet most of the key criteria below, although none are mandatory:
- Have experience of working in a service/field service business (ideally energy related)
- Have knowledge of good working practise in key trades (mostly electrical work)
- Have sound knowledge of commercial principles and managing commercial risk.
- Demonstrate good analytical and technical skills (we work on hundreds of sites with large asset bases, so working with large amounts of data is key)
- Be a credible professional person (we work on projects which often represent several million pounds of revenue, and need to report to clients)
- Demonstrate ability to work well in the context of our broader team