5 months ago
Charlie Wilkes Green
My client is an international renewable energy IPP who have successfully delivered over 200MW of now operating wind, solar, and hydropower capacity across Scotland, Wales, and England.
My client is seeking an Asset Manager for their Wind Energy Assets in UK. The suitable candidate should have 5 years of industry experience and been exposed to the management of renewable assets (including SPV contracts) in the past. Reporting into Head of Asset Management, this role has responsibility for managing onshore wind projects mostly from a technical perspective, however, also will be exposed to commercial and contractual asset management.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Management of SPV contracts.
- Ensure that all assets are in compliance with: Statutory requirements for Health, Safety and Environmental performance, Local planning authority requirements, Grid company connection conditions and power purchase agreements, Reporting requirements under lenders facility agreements and other financial requirements, Other agreements in place.
- Making sure that everyone accessing and working across the wind farms have adequate site inductions and the necessary competencies.
- Ensuring the application of the necessary Safety Rules and other health and safety management systems are implemented and adhered to across the wind farms.
- Perform site inspections to ensure that activities are being completed safely and to a high standard as required by internal requirements, as well as checking the condition of the sites.
- Enhancing wind asset management practices.
- Optimise project performance:
- Monitor contractor performance during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance with a view to ensuring all contracted SLA’s are met or bettered,
- Review and enhance maintenance strategies and activities with a view to reducing down time,
- Review regular and other reporting provided by the contractors and ensure any issues are being suitably addressed,
- Build strong relationships with contractors,
- Direct supervision of sub-contractors or overseeing the work of management contractors where required,
- Identify and establish the necessary KPIs to monitor the performance of each asset.
- Identify equipment faults, carry out diagnoses and troubleshooting activities with support from the Monitoring Team.
- Manage the project operational budgets by: Monitoring spend to budget, Planning spend for activities on each project for approval by the investment team.
- Prepare asset management reports on each asset.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- 1-3 years’ experience in wind farm asset management activities. Experience is solar will be considered a plus.
- Experience with remote monitoring systems on plant and equipment.
- Interpretation of mechanical and electrical engineering drawings, work instructions and design reviews
- Contract management.
- Budget management.
- Interpretation of mechanical and electrical engineering drawings, work instructions and design reviews.
£35k-£40K + bonus + other company benefits.