Competitive Salary (DOE)
4 months ago
Join an international Solar PV turnkey business, looking to bring on someone who is commercially minded to manage the South African operations.
- Explore and implement power purchase contracts for PV and BESS projects in South Africa (whether public auctions, private processes and bilateral negotiations)
- Coordinate with the Director of Project Development regarding the early and advanced stage of projects under development (= prior financial close) and provide value assessments to the developers to guide decision making
- Coordinate with Project Development and various central offshore functions of the group regarding compliance with BBBEE and other relevant regulatory requirements
- Raise senior and junior project level financing (including transaction management, due diligence, advisory management, etc.)
- Sell projects or clusters of projects at various stages of maturity
- Oversee the implementation of projects from financial close through commencement of commercial operations and potentially also during operation
- Recruit specialist talent for various tasks as the workload increases (e.g. accounting, construction supervision, project financing / lender reporting, etc.)
- Be responsible for the bookkeeping of all SAF companies in the group in regular liaison with our central finance department
- Act as Managing Director on all SPVs of the group in South Africa
- Must have experience in developing large scale solar projects in previous REIPP auction rounds of ESKOM.