Competitive Salary (DOE)
about 1 year ago
TGRC have partnered with a pure play energy storage developer to search and select a highly qualified manager of transmission and interconnection.
The Transmission & Interconnection manager will join the Transmission, Interconnection, Market Analysis, and Engineering Team. This qualified individual would work under the guidance of the Head of the TIME team to provide business development, strategic system analysis and modelling support for the interconnection of utility−scale standalone storage projects within designated regions of North America. This team is focused on identifying optimal strategies for interconnecting storage projects to the electric grid based on curtailment potential, interconnection costs, system impact assessments, real−time energy pricing, and market delivery options. In addition, the Manager − Transmission & Interconnection will support the company’s transmission project development, acquisition, and operational activities.
- Perform required technical studies (power flow, stability, short circuit, reactive power compensation, etc.) as well as supervise and mentor engineers in the performance of such studies.
- Outline T&I team technical strategy to accomplish business goals.
- Coordinate interaction between Development Team and T&I Team to complete tasks at hand.
- Negotiation and amendment of contractual agreements with Transmission Owners for potential commercial counter parties
- Supervise a small team of Engineers as a Technical Leader in developing and executing transmission analysis.
- Project development initiatives including facilitation of bi−monthly analysis for active projects.
- Identification of available transmission capacity at specific grid nodes to support deliverability status for distributed generation resources.
- Leading interactions with the ISOs and RTOs throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Interaction with key internal and external stakeholders from investors to partners in the EPC process.
- Provide technical insight during the sales process of completed projects.
- Lead the development and execution of engineering activities for the electrical transmission interconnection of utility scale storage projects.
- Lead interconnection process tasks and communications with the utilities, ISOs and RTOs
- Support and provide input for due−diligence evaluations and review efforts related to potential commercial transactions.
- Perform transmission assessments to determine commercial viability of potential projects for acquisitions and estimate costs of required transmission system upgrades.
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience with PSSƒE, MUST, TARA, Power World, or similar power flow software.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in electric transmission planning, operations or related discipline
- Power flow, Stability and Short Circuit software (Aspen, PSSE, PSCAD)
- Production costs and market simulation software (AURORAxmp, PROMOD, UPlan, Gridview, etc.) experience desirable (not required)
- Utility, RTO and ƒor ISO experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university required. Emphasis in power systems strongly preferred
- Masters in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Professional Engineer (PE) License preferred
- Transmission planning experience with very strong power flow modelling skills
- Understanding of electricity market policy and rules with respect to interconnection and transmission planning
- Excel, VBA, SQL experience or other modelling programming skills
- Strong computing skills including MS Office Suite
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to prepare both written and oral presentation materials of complex matters in a simplified manner
- Knowledge of electric theory with strong understanding of utility and ISO operations and transmission planning process
- Multitasking, dynamic, self−motivated individual able to work in groups or independently
- Ability to simultaneously support multiple development projects across multiple states and regions
- Familiarity with storage and renewable trends in the electric market
- Strong knowledge of energy storage value proposition for engineering and fundamentals of energy storage projects