€60,000 - €85,000 + bonus (depending on experience)
28 days ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside a leading independent, global energy consultancy which helps large commercial, industrial, and institutional clients better understand and navigate the choices and risks of managing energy.
Delivering data-driven and integrated energy solutions in Europe, they are responsible for providing comprehensive renewable energy advisory and procurement services focused on analyzing and mitigating risk, while improving sustainability within each client’s energy portfolio.
The Manager of European Market Insights & Analysis will provide insight and expert analysis of electricity markets across Europe. The Market Fundamentals team provides market insights, price forecasts, and PPA analysis to support client engagements. This role will help enhance the company’s electricity market modelling capabilities and integrate the modelling process into the company’s broader renewables support.
- Manage build out of in-house electricity market models for European energy markets;
- Work closely with U.S. based colleagues to align analytics approach and inputs development across the company;
- Collaborate closely with European colleagues to ensure streamlined client support;
- Act as subject matter expert on energy and carbon markets and analytics process, with ability to explain market model inputs/ outputs to senior executives and other stakeholders, both internally and externally;
- Monitor market developments and provide analysis of critical changes;
- Track key regulatory changes within specific European markets by: attending conferences, sustaining relationships with relevant third-party data service providers, and working with junior staff to conduct appropriate research.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s in engineering, mathematics, or a related quantitative field;
- High level of quantitative & analytical skills with 5+ years of relevant work experience providing quantitative analysis, electricity market modelling, and/or consulting;
- Ability to work independently and manage task development and deadlines;
- Broad knowledge of European power industry structures, policies, regulations, and market fundamentals;
- Familiarity with recent trends in conventional generation, renewables, energy storage, distributed generation, and transmission development;
- Ability to translate model outputs and articulate impact of results on client decisions;
- Advanced proficiency in Excel;
- Experience with commercial production cost and capacity expansion modeling software: PSO/Enelytix, PLEXOS, ProMOD, Gridview, Aurora, GE MAPS, Dayzer, etc.