Up to £55,000 base, DOE
about 1 month ago
Excellent opportunity for a Management Accountant (1-2yr PQE) to join a London based, respected renewable energy investment manager with several £bn AUM across Europe.
Reporting into the Finance Manager, the role is pivotal to the Central Finance team, involving overhead reporting, business partnership and statutory accounts as well as other ad-hoc tasks as directed by the Finance Manager. The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with 1-2 years' post qualification experience either in industry or practice.
This role will have responsibility for all overheads within the company's legal entity. The individual will be responsible for oversight of the accounts payable function and building a core understanding of costs incurred by the business. They are looking for an individual who has specific systems skills and understands how to use systems to ensure processes are efficient. The individual must be able to take ownership for the accuracy of the relevant sections of the P&L and balance sheet.
The main responsibilities are:
- Preparation of the overheads section of the annual budget submission
- Monthly budget holder reports
- Monthly review of the Management Reporting pack (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cashflow)
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Build a thorough understanding of all costs incurred by the OI business to support decision-making
- Oversight of the accounts payable function and ensuring that accruals, prepayments and depreciation have been posted correctly.
- Approval of invoices to ensure coding has been completed correctly
- Review of VAT submissions
- Ensure controls within the Finance team are adhered to
- Ad-hoc requests as directed by manager
- Be a valued business partner and build and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Qualified accountant with 1-2 years' post qualification experience either in industry or practice.
- Core understanding of all accounting principles (accruals, prepayments, statutory account preparation)
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing demands
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Must be curious and seek to learn and make improvements
- Proven ability to work on own initiative
- Experience of managing or supervising the work of others
- Demonstrably proficient with accounting systems and excel
- Proactive individual who thinks beyond the task and understands the bigger picture
- Attention to detail
- Good understanding of accounting standards, VAT and corporation tax
- Experience preparing statutory accounts
- Focused on solutions rather than problems
- Works efficiently and communicates in a professional manner.
- Manages multiple tasks and documents processes and procedures
- Works in an open and honest way
- Integrates with other teams
- Works effectively within a team and engages in giving and receiving feedback with colleagues