almost 3 years ago
A globally renowned solar company with a portfolio of projects in Australia is currently seeking a Legal Counsel with transactional experience to join its Melbourne office.
This company specialises in the development and manufacturing of Solar PV solutions for residential, commercial and utility scale projects. With various offices internationally, including a growing Melbourne presence, this is a great opportunity for an experienced legal professional to join a growing business at an exciting time in their expansion into the Australian Solar PV sector
You will be a confident and proactive counsel with strong experience in EPC and commercial contracts and compliance, project finance and transaction of projects. You will have a demonstrated ability to effectively provide sound legal advice, exercise good business judgment, and work with senior management, other colleagues, external counsels, customers and regulators, in an international setup. Experience in the renewable energy sector is required
· You will have responsibility for all legal affairs mainly in Australia but with support to international subsidaries, including project and construction finance, Government funding agreements, transactional, construction and commercial contracts, employment law, intellectual property, legal compliance, environmental, real estate, etc
· You will be in charge of negotiating and drafting distribution and supply agreements, sales agreements, share purchase agreements, joint venture agreements, shareholders’ agreements, loan agreements, connection agreements, EPC and O&M contracts (including the relevant subcontracting agreements), power purchase agreements, etc
· You will ensure regulatory reporting and compliance to local regulatory framework
· You will Coordinate and supervise other external legal counsel(s)
· You will closely liaise with regulators, Government, finance and industry stakeholders, customers, counterparties and other colleagues
· Experience in the renewable energy sector is required
· Minimum 5 years of experience gained as a transactional attorney from top law firm or in-house legal department
· Strong transactional and commercial sales contracts experience
· Ability to negotiate and draft development rights, EPC/O&M agreements and other ancillary agreements, etc
· Strong academic qualifications including a law degree from a renowned law school or comparable
· Fluency in English required; further language skills would be advantageous
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong project management and analytical skills
· Demonstrated intercultural and problem-solving skills.
· Proven experience in taking responsibility for contractual management and successful execution.
· Energetic, strong entrepreneurial spirit, positive and can-do attitude and ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
· Excellent oral and written communication.
· Demonstrated ability and experience to work in an international business relations capacity.