Up to c. €80,000
8 days ago
- Support PEBU and Business Development on project development activities in EUROPE
- Keep up to date and inform the team about industry and market news, relevant legislation, guidance, and associated implications in relation to issues affecting EUROPE development.
- Management of PV specialist consultants and advisors including determination of scopes of work, contractor appointment and interpretation of advice received.
- Keep all Engineering project information and tasks up to date in Amarenco reporting.
- Liaison, collaboration, and provision of technical and strategic advice to the various multi-disciplinary teams working on Amarenco projects.
- Ensure effective communication between partners and other colleagues (e.g. in finance, engineering, H&S, Project Management) to support the objective the projects are designed and optimised.
- Managing engineering support to EUROPE development sites and participation in technical meetings.
- Assist in the preparation of tender documentation, for front-end engineering (e.g. geotechnical investigations, structural studies, EYA, preliminary layout) and ensure that they are prepared on time, and are of the highest possible standard.
- Conduct contractual negotiation with EPC regarding technical areas such as engineering, equipment specifications, performance/testing schedules.
- Technical engagement with external consultants, contractors, independent engineers, lenders engineers, Government agencies, utility and grid companies as required.
- Input into technical elements of Employer’s Requirements for EPC and Consultant contracts.
- Producing technical reports for senior management.
- Inspect new project sites and to attend seminars and meetings as required.
- Supporting evaluation of new products, concepts, and technologies from vendors.
- Experience in the preparation of technical specifications and other technical documents.
- Experience in tender/bid evaluation, managing consultants and associated deliverables.
- Ability to translate engineering issues into CAPEX and OPEX assumptions.
- Highly analytical with attention to detail and ability to exercise judgement to solve problems in a fast-paced emerging market.
- Be a genuine team player, with a positive outlook, be determined and flexible with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Have a collaborative approach to knowledge sharing and working, both with local teams and remote, international networks of staff.
- An organised approach to working, task prioritisation and time management.
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills in Spanish and English and strong report writing skills.
- Excellent computer literacy skills.
- A qualification in electrical, mechanical, or civil engineering.
- Minimum 5 years work experience on large PV projects.
- Knowledge of EUROPE PV industry.
- Knowledge of PV development and construction
- Knowledge and understanding of PV technology, grid connections, solar energy yield assessments, shading, ground conditions interpretation and foundation, MV/HV grid connection procedures, PV plant installation procedures.
- Experience of solar project procurement, construction and commissioning.
- Experience and knowledge of relevant EUROPE design codes, regulations and policy.
- Knowledge and understanding of grid connection solutions for PV plants
- Battery storage design experience is beneficial
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation in EUROPE
- Excellent Interpersonal skills & report writing
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines