£80,000 Base Salary + Bonuses
5 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company represents a leading infrastructure investor and manager with currently c$16 billion of unlisted infrastructure investments, a strong track record of successful investments and a strong pipeline of investment opportunities. Due to global growth they are looking to expand their infrastructure team with an Investment Associate.
Ideal Candidates will be coming from an infrastructure fund or bank, with an investing or corporate finance background - (3-5 years experience).
An opportunity has arisen for an investment Associate within the London Infrastructure team. The candidate will work across the various infrastructure funds currently managed, with a focus on Transport, Utilities and Renewable. The Associate position will be primarily responsible for financial modelling, analytical work and asset management for current and new investment opportunities. This includes macro / market and sectoral research and individual investment due diligence and monitoring. Analytical, judgement, business writing, time management, and interpersonal skills are all required.
The Person & Responsibilities
- Associate level - Corporate Finance or Investment Analyst
- Assist with asset management responsibilities to include liaising on key business issues, preparing for board meetings, interacting with management, updating internal monitoring checklists, assistance on quarterly valuations and client reporting responsibilities
- Financial analysis (including financial modelling, sensitivity and scenario analysis)
- Valuation analysis (with respect to new opportunities and also assisting with the co-ordination of periodic independent valuations of the portfolio assets)
- Investment review and risk analysis (including assisting with logging opportunities and providing an initial recommendation to the team as to whether the opportunity should be pursued further)
- Investment due diligence (including management meetings, review of materials, numerical analysis of investment performance, appointment and management of external consultants, reference calls,
- Manage and maintain relationships within the industry, including investment banks, fund managers, independent valuers, consultants and peer institutional
- Develop and maintain a network of infrastructure contacts
- Monitor sector, market and economic conditions and assess their impact on client infrastructure portfolios
- Assist with developing and building a cohesive and productive Global Infrastructure team
- Assist with the establishment of reporting and monitoring systems. Interact as required to maintain the operation of these systems
- Two to Three years’ financial or commercial experience with some knowledge of the infrastructure industry and key trends is essential
- Strong numeric skills, particularly advanced financial modelling and analysis
- Advanced Excel and analytical skills
- Due diligence skills
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and time management skills
- A strong commercial acumen and ability to identify and critically analyse key business issues and strategy
- The ability to participate in projects, identify priorities, establishing time frames and complete or adjust where required
- Ability to prepare structured business reports, interpreting complex material and make decisions based on imperfect information.
- Proven ability to apply advanced analytical skills to investment decisions
- Ability to apply sound investment and financial market and product analysis