£55,000 + Bonus
9 days ago
The Green Recruitment Company are delighted to be working exclusively with a Global ‘Profit with a Purpose’ Business who work with some of the largest Corporations, NGO’s, and Governments on the Planet. They help turn their Climate Responsibilities into Positive Outcomes.
They are looking for a new Head of Natural Climate Solutions to head the Business Unit with a focus on Forest Creation, Carbon Sequestration and ‘Natural Climate Solutions’ in the UK and overseas.
You will be responsible for pinpointing and developing opportunities, in the UK and overseas, whilst developing carbon sequestration projects based on REDD+ and the planting of new woodlands and forests.
The candidate will need to be both commercially and technically capable and develop new partnership relationships with stakeholders and landowners.
- Have a Degree or equivalent in a related field such as carbon management, forestry, silviculture, or land management
- Have relevant experience of working in the field of forestry and/or carbon management in a professional environment
- Understand the evolving policy context in the UK relating to land management, the replacement for the Common Agricultural Policy and the country’s targets under the Paris Agreement
- Understand the science relating to REDD+ and the approaches of the major multilateral agencies to funding and managing tropical resources
- Understand the requirements of VERRA and the Voluntary Carbon Standard, the Climate Change and Biodiversity Alliance standard, Plan Vivo and the Woodland Carbon Code (the Standards).
- Be capable of delivering project documentation including carbon calculations, writing the PDD and carrying out local stakeholder consultations
- Have taken a related project through the process of validation and verification
- Able to demonstrate strong, rigorous project management skills
The successful candidate
- Will be numerate and able to design and manipulate databases
- Have good writing skills, having experience of being the lead author for Project Design Documents and related paperwork
- Have experience of monitoring carbon sequestration projects, including monitoring reports and third party verifications
- Have experience of engaging with land owners and broader stakeholders
- Have an understanding of emerging sectors such as peatland restoration and “re-wilding.”
- Be able to demonstrate strong commercial aptitude and the ability to identify and originate projects
For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to;
Please get in touch with any queries on:
+44 (0) 203 640 2130
The Green Recruitment Company is a specialist recruitment agency that recruits across the environmental and waste management sectors. If this role is not of interest but you are looking for a new opportunity, please contact the named consultant who would be happy to discuss current vacancies in your target area.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.