Excellent remuneration package - DOE
12 days ago
Fantastic opportunity to spearhead business development efforts within a global energy IPP as they target European asset expansion.
The company have over 2GW solar PV in development globally and are looking for an entrepreniural professional who can originate and execute solar opportunities across Europe - with target markets including Italy, Spain, Portugal, France amongst others.
This person must be able to demostrate expert knowledge of the European energy landscape and evidence their experience in sourcing and developing large project pipelines across the region.
This key strategic hire must have solar experience, with an appropriate proven track record, to lead and partner to grow theBusiness Development team for Europe, with initial emphasis on Southern Europe. The European Business Development Director will be based in Dublin but responsible for all of Europe with full visibility of International markets - they will be responsible for all aspects renewable energy development and investment in Europe.
S/He will be fully supported by the Chief Operations Officer, Investment and Asset management teams. This European Business Development Director will report to theCEO and will develop the appropriate market stakeholder relationships including Local and National Government and private stakeholders (i.e. banks, law firms, land owners, investors) in order to successfully develop greenfield/brownfield solar PV projects from land acquisition until commercial operation, as well as third party opportunities that may be acquired by the business.
Main responsibilities in the role:
- Lead the funding and contractual negotiations to close, viable investments deals to support the strategy.
- Own all approvals and applications for full project permitting and grid connection required for the purposes of obtaining Power Sale Agreements and Ready to Build status.
- Develop and lead a diverse, high performing Business Development team.
- Maintain and ensure an extensive knowledge of current market conditions & future trends with EPC contractors and Governmental stakeholders, energy traders, and other key stakeholders.
- Build long term partnerships to raise equity and debt finance for ongoing projects and the development portfolio.
- Identify co-investors for Project development and acquisition.
- Support and mentor the contract management, and monitoring of key project documents including all relevant contracts, funding agreements and interconnection agreements.
- Active management of development schedule and budget to ensure timely and cost-effective projects.
- Fully commit to deliver tangible results.
- Fully responsible in driving and delivering company profits.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all business development transactions.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on the business development activity of individual projects.
- A Financial or Engineering degree with minimum 8-12+ years of work experience or master’s degree in related field, MBA preferred, with 6+ years of work experience or a relevant business management equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 10 years of International Business Development Management
- Must have closed 100 MW+ of Solar Renewal Energy deals.
- Experience in competitive business capture, strategy development, corporate teaming, proposal development, program execution, technical solutions.
- Network of relationships with institutional investors 0and stakeholders in the energy sector, preferably in renewable energ
- Experience in closing project financing with DFI would be considered as a plus, in emerging markets.
- Experience in leading a team and driving results.
- Collaborative, committed and accountable for delivery.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Calm under pressure, with good judgment, and anticipation of requirements under your areas of responsibility.
- Energetic person with strong business acumen.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to think independently and pro-actively seek clarification when required.
- Proven record of versatility. Ability to work well in a diverse entrepreneurial team with a fast-paced work environment, handling multiple priorities.
- Deadline driven, dedicated to efficient productivity.
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Highly organized with detail orientation and ability to multi-task.
- Proven ability in building and maintaining strong working relationships.
- Third level qualification in Business or Finance
- Fluency in written and verbal English
- Continuous self-development focus in best current and emerging legal practice and implications within the energy industry (with emphasis on solar).