£40,000-£50,000 dependent on experience
2 months ago
Purpose of Role
A fast paced business which needs to respond rapidly to the ever changing energy landscape. The Head of Energy Reduction will take a commercial approach to deliver energy reduction projects that add value to our multi-sector clients to maximise efficiencies and reduce energy costs, whilst providing strong leadership to develop a high performing team who can develop and reach their potential.
Skills and Experience
- Qualified engineer with 5+ years’ experience of low energy building services design and operation
- Proven history of energy consumption analysis and conducting energy audits
- Registered Energy Assessor and Low Carbon Consultant with the ability to conduct Part L of Building Regulation compliance analysis and produce Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
- Registered ESOS Lead Assessor
- Experience of successfully selecting appropriate low/zero CO2 and renewable energy systems for a particular application
- Highly numerate, advanced Microsoft Office user especially with Excel
- Ability to lead and achieve high performance from a team
- Drive and passion to work in a dynamic, fast-growth environment
- Communicates professionally, commercially and intelligently whilst building excellent rapport with clients
- Highly effective, energetic and self-motivated with a desire to excel in the energy sector
- Well presented, professional, reliable and ethical
- Overall responsibility for the Engineering Team
- Leading engineers to ensure they posses the relevant capabilities and motivation to deliver excellence to our clients.
- Develop a repeatable end to end process to identify, manage and exploit consumption anomalies within clients’ consumption patterns with a view to delivering both quick wins and longer term solutions to manage issues.
- Ensure that all processes and models used within the team deliver the right outcomes and include protocol for checks and measures to maintain accuracy and excellence
- Reviewing energy consumption for our clients’ sites and comparing to benchmark values in order to identify and understand the situation at high / poor performing sites.
- Conducting site audits and producing reports summarising findings and recommendations to improve energy efficiency, thermal comfort, etc.
- Supporting clients to achieve regulatory compliance for energy related schemes such as ESOS, CRC, ISO50001, Heat Network Regulations etc.
- Producing energy strategies and concept designs for new sites.
- Reviewing and commenting upon new site designs undertaken by others in order to assure energy efficiency is ‘baked in’ at the design stage.
- Conducting non-domestic Part L of Building Regulation compliance calculations, producing non-domestic Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs).
- Identifying and developing commercial opportunities and new areas of business.
- Supporting the Directors and Account Managers with pitches and tenders when courting potential new clients.
- Providing general assistance in all areas of energy and building services engineering to all staff, clients and potential clients.
- Supporting other areas of the business as required.