over 2 years ago
An international renewable development company with a long history in Australia are seeking a Grid Commercial Specialist for either their Melbourne or Sydney offices.
As Grid Commercial Specialist you will be a core member of an extended grid team that progresses Solar and Wind projects through development, construction and operation, which includes including owning a grid focus on renewable project optimisation.
With an impressive pipeline of development projects in Australia and a well-established project portfolio this is a great opportunity to join a well-established team in very important vacancy for the company. Further project portfolio information available upon request.
As Grid Commercial Specialist you will:
· Lead the negotiation of grid connection agreements for generation projects with network service providers and AEMO
· Act as the regulatory and contracts grid expert in the negotiation of EPC contracts
· Facilitate external and internal engineering or legal resources to deliver defines scopes of work
· Act as the internal cost component owner for grid related costs on the company’s development pipeline, with a focus on minimizing the levelized cost of energy for projects
· Project manage the grid connection process within agreed budget and milestones
· Maintain excellent ongoing relationships with network service providers, AEMO, suppliers and consultants
· Represent the company in industry consultation forums such as rule changes with the AEMC
· Support due diligence process as part of debt and equity financing for major projects
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required from you:
· Experience in negotiating contestable connection agreements for major generators or loads in the NEM
· Understanding of the generator connection process under the NER, from preliminary enquiry through to R2 submission
· Strong understanding of the regulation of network service providers under the NER
· High level understanding of the physical assets required to connect a variety of generating systems to the NEM
· Familiar with financial modelling
· Project management, stakeholder management and contract negotiation experience
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, law or business. Post graduate qualifications also desirable