9 days ago
An international renewable development company with a long history in Australia are seeking a Grid Commercial Lead for either their Melbourne or Sydney offices.
As Grid Commercial Lead you will be a core member of an extended grid team that progresses Solar and Wind projects through development, construction and operation, which includes including owning a grid focus on renewable project optimisation. You will lead the commercial responsibilities for the grid team.
With an impressive pipeline of development projects in Australia and a well-established project portfolio this is a great opportunity to join a well-established team in very important vacancy for the company. Further project portfolio information available upon request.
As Grid Commercial Lead you will:
- Lead the negotiation of grid connection agreements for generation projects with network service providers and AEMO
- Act as the regulatory and contracts grid expert in the negotiation of EPC contracts
- Facilitate external and internal engineering or legal resources to deliver defines scopes of work
- Act as the internal cost component owner for grid related costs on the company’s development pipeline, with a focus on minimizing the levelized cost of energy for projects
- Project manage the grid connection process within agreed budget and milestones
- Maintain excellent ongoing relationships with network service providers, AEMO, suppliers and consultants
- Represent the company in industry consultation forums such as rule changes with the AEMC
- Support due diligence process as part of debt and equity financing for major projects
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required from you:
- Experience in negotiating contestable connection agreements for major generators or loads in the NEM
- Understanding of the generator connection process under the NER, from preliminary enquiry through to R2 submission
- Strong understanding of the regulation of network service providers under the NER
- High level understanding of the physical assets required to connect a variety of generating systems to the NEM
- Familiar with financial modelling
- Project management, stakeholder management and contract negotiation experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, law or business. Post graduate qualifications also desirable