£120,000 + bonus
7 days ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside a world leading energy technology business working as a digital partner for Sustainability and Efficiency. They drive digital transformation by integrating process and energy technologies, endpoint to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centres, infrastructure and industries.
The Global Sustainability Reporting, Compliance & Analytics Director is tasked with leading and managing the global sustainability services and associated technology evolution. The individual is preferred to have hands-on experience in multiple industries and across several areas of sustainability including leading teams of analysts in developing sustainability inventories, managing Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) programs, relevant energy & carbon compliance programs and technology deployment.
Experience with digital solutions/software for sustainability management, experience in leading senior level client relationships and people management experience are expected.
- Develop, maintain, evolve and innovate global services with a focus on maintaining and enhancing service delivery with established global standards.
- Lead a global team of sustainability professionals at multiple levels of tenure to effectively manage and deliver to client service solutions including:
- Development of comprehensive inventory management plans to outline environmental reporting on carbon emissions, water, waste, etc. plus broader metrics to support corporate ESG reporting
- Sustainability / ESG information management and technology configuration including Resource Advisor software deployment
- Develop and lead program management of varying implementation initiatives as part of clients’ global sustainability compliance requirements such as Climate Change Agreements (CCA) in the UK, Building Energy Compliance Standards across the US, EU-Emissions Trading Scheme programs, Energy Efficiency Directive (EED) plus other miscellaneous carbon and energy compliance programs globally
- Lead / contribute to sizable sustainability ERP technology projects including leading team members in participating to analyse business requirements for Resource Advisor and associated software projects
- Support and lead select deliveries of external disclosure reporting such as CDP, GRESB, NFRD, DJSI, SASB and related broad ESG reporting frameworks and rating agencies on an annual basis
- Build a team fostering delivery excellence, high quality service, use of digital tools, subject matter expertise for sustainability and the ability to assist in new and recurring sustainability services sales
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college/university with 12+ years of experience with 8+ years of experience in the sustainability or energy industry. Proven effectiveness at conducting business conversations in person and with people over the phone at multiple levels of an organization including Senior Leadership (Directors, VPs) and C-Suite.
- Experience with climate and decarbonization, ESG and broader sustainability work preferably with industry software experience
- Strong people management skills and experience with an affinity for client-facing activities; personable and engaging
- Deep understanding of sustainability industry trends, challenges, opportunities and associated corporate sustainability network (i.e., prospect, client and industry contacts)