18 days ago
A leading, long established renewable energy developer in Melbourne are seeking an Environment Engineer to join their growing team. This company have an impressive portfolio of renewable energy projects on their books across Australia. This is an exciting role for an environmental professional with an interest in the renewable energy sector to take a lead on environmental requirements across the business in a pivotal role for the company.
As Environmental Engineer for the company, your responsibilities will be as follows:
· Prepare environmental referrals, Environmental Management Plans, technical memoranda, letters and reports to a high standard.
· Identify environmental and related regulatory risks and develop and implement appropriate risk management measures.
· Manage environmental consultants and the undertaking of field investigations for a wide variety of small to large scale energy infrastructure projects.
· Review and sign-off on contractors’ intellectual and physical works, including review of Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
· Attending and contributing to project development meetings or any other meetings as required.
· Project manage specified tasks arising from the company’s work on renewable energy projects.
· Ensure all work from consultants complies with the company’s internal processes and procedures, is of a high professional standard, meets OH&S standards and is delivered on time and on budget.
· Identify environmental constraints and provide appropriate management solutions to executive management for decision making.
· Ensure environmental compliance of employees and contractors with EMPs and other relevant guidelines and regulations by constructive education and auditing.
· Supporting integrated environmental and planning approval processes (federal, state and local) for renewable energy infrastructure developments.
· Assist the project development team in developing and maintaining relationships with regulatory authorities and ensure the team clearly understands the regulatory environment in terms of managing licences, consents, agreements and other legislated requirements.
· Support the development team on renewable energy facility design and planning.
· Assist with the management of host landholders for environmental work and assessments and other studies.
Skills & Experience required from you:
· Experience in preparing high-quality environmental impact assessments, constraints analyses, strategic assessments and environmental management plans.
· Engineering or Science Tertiary qualification or similar.
· 3+ years of experience within the environmental sector.
· Strong project and time management skills.
· Strong knowledge of legislation and standards governing environmental management.
· Create, maintain and foster a safe work environment.
· Regularly inspect own immediate work environment and report all hazards or incidents
· Ensure staff, contractors and consultants always follow safe work practices, procedures, instructions and rules.
· Ensure that identified risks are reported to executive management and identified risk reduction strategies are implemented.
· Ensure compliance with Occupational Health & Safety and Risk Management Policy and Procedures
· Effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Proven technical report and environmental management plan writing.
· Ability to identify project considerations related to the environmental sector
· Strong knowledge of health and safety requirements.
· Excellent time management.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
· You must like renewable energy and be excited to be part of a team that works hard towards supporting the global energy transition.