Flexible Depending on Experience
about 2 months ago
- The team has been recently set up with the aim of maximising the revenue achievable across a number of different Distributed Energy Resources. The role will be fundamental to the success of the team.
- The successful candidate will work closely with analysis and asset management functions to ensure the assets are optimised across the various markets. As a result, the position requires an experienced individual with strong trading experience in the UK energy markets. Key Performance Indicators are Revenue/MW/Year achieved per asset class.
- The Energy Trader will lead the market bidding/tendering activity for all services/revenue streams, the scheduling of assets based on the agreed strategy and trading/dispatching in the short-term markets (e.g. balancing mechanism, intraday markets, day-ahead markets).
- In particular, the candidate should have a passion to learn more about the power industry’s transition to a low carbon economy.
- Active trading (i.e. bidding and dispatching) of assets in short-term markets (day-ahead, intraday, balancing mechanism, imbalance energy)
- Bid/tender for all services in the UK
- Schedule the programmes/services and run them as per agreed strategy
- Create trading excellence
- Go-to person for all matters of trading for internal and external customers
- Highly motivated and driven individual
- Trading acumen, including hands-on trading desk experience
- Entrepreneurial, with experience in conceiving and then managing deliverables through to successful execution