£40,000 - £60,000 (depending on experience)
5 days ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside one of the UK’s leading renewable energy suppliers in their search for an Energy Risk Analyst.
As part of the Trading function, this role will report into the Energy Risk Manager. This is an exciting role that is key to the team developing, implementing and reporting on effective Hedging Strategies. With annual wholesale costs in excess of £1.5bn per annum, it is critical that the trading activities of this client are effectively managed and monitored and that we have robust systems and business processes in place to achieve this.
- Developing business systems and processes associated with monitoring and reporting of our wholesale energy positions and exposures, including third party provided ETRM (Energy Trading and Risk Management) software
- Contributing to the development and assessment of hedging strategies to manage wholesale market risk in the business
- Monitoring Trading activities to ensure that they remain fully compliant with the agreed Trading Risk Policy
- Implementing effective process controls for Trading activities to mitigate the risk of financial loss.
- Use your knowledge of analytical and statistical methods to develop models to assess and report on wholesale market risk.
- Proactively identify and implement improvements to risk assessment methodologies, engaging with external stakeholders and industry experts.
- Developing reporting on wholesale energy trading activities including the measurement and reporting of Brand Wholesale Costs and Trading profit or loss.
- Ensuring that all assumptions used to calculate wholesale energy requirements are agreed with stakeholders, are reviewed and updated regularly and are accurately reflected in trading forecasts
- 2+ years’ experience in the energy market; ideally wholesale energy trading environment
- Highly analytical with strong data manipulation skills and advanced Excel knowledge.
- Experience with writing SQL queries
- Experience in energy trading risk management (desirable)
- Experience in data visualisation tools (eg Tableau) (desirable)
- Experience with data analysis in a programming language (eg. Python or R) (desirable)
- A ‘numbers person’; confident in dealing with large data sets and extracting key insight & results
- You will need the ability to learn quickly in order to develop a detailed understanding of current models and processes