Up to £55,000 plus bonus and car
11 days ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside a leading energy consultancy in their search for an Energy Procurement Manager. The consultancy supports large corporate clients across the UK to reduce their energy costs through effective procurement practices. The company prides itself in its holistic approach in what is a complex market space, thus allowing clients to focus on their core business whilst their energy costs are kept low.
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for tendering and negotiating ‘fixed’ and ‘flexible’ electricity and gas contracts, whilst maintain responsibility for client relationships within a portfolio of large I&C clients. This will involve providing advise on their energy and water use and on energy price risk-management strategy. Reporting to the Managing Director, the role also involves the management of a team of energy consultants to help develop their skills and knowledge, and taking overall responsibility for client issues.
This is a rewarding career opportunity for someone who is target driven and revels in communicating with people at all levels.
- Managing I&C clients with large energy spends and multi-site portfolios.
- Developing and maintaining a network of clients.
- Understanding wholesale market risks.
- Understanding energy and carbon reduction.
- Maintaining that commercial controls are observed.
- Identifying risks at a manageable stage.
- Continuous liaison with team members on the team plans and developments.
- Managing precise client records.
- Mentoring and managing a team of energy consultants.
The company will provide one of the leading packages in return for a candidate that:
- Experience in the B2B energy sector.
- Prior experience in electricity and gas procurement.
- Procurement experience with UK energy users with demonstration of ability.
- Account and Risk Management knowledge.
- The ability to build relationships and networks.
- Strong communication and negotiating skillset.
- Good organisation skills.
- Strong management and team leadership skills.
- Confidence working independently and in a team.
- The ability to be flexible and show initiative when working under pressure.
- Comfortable managing long-term relationships at all levels, gaining respect and credibility quickly.