3 months ago
TGRC is looking for an experienced and skilled we are seeking a Lead Embedded Software Engineer who are passionate about our environment to join solution team in Herndon, Virginia to development our next generation of energy storage and renewable control system.
Employment: Permanent/Direct Hire
Location: Herdon, VA
Pay rate: $150k+ (DOE) + 16% bonus + benefits
Relocation: Assistance provided
Start Date: ASAP
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Architect, develop and maintain highly reliable embedded software in a mission-critical and safety-critical environment
- Hands-on hardware bring-up, functional test case creation, system testing, debugging and code optimization
- Create software functional specifications, controller requirements and system performance requirements
- You will need to read decent amount of electrical engineering documents to understand the design and will develop technical documents of your own according to our standards.
- You will work closely with other electrical, mechanical and software engineers
- Up to 10% of time you will travel internationally to help conduct equipment testing and power plant commissioning.
- Experience of the embedded systems. Knowledge of their structures, functions and limitations. Good understanding of embedded system design patterns. Expertise interrupt-driven design.
- Programming languages: C and C++. Strong proficiency in resource-constrained embedded platforms is required.
- OS: Specialized in embedded systems developing using LINUX. Experience at least one other real-time operating systems (RTOS) such as Windows CE and VxWorks.
- Protocols: I2C, Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI), USB, General-purpose input/output (GPIOs), CAN bus, RS232, one-wire, RS485, Ethernet and TCP/IP protocol stack. Knowledge of industrial communication protocols including OPC UA and Modbus.
- Hardware: experience with microcontrollers and microprocessors including X86, PIC and ARMS. Experience of developing and debugging code on Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) from vendors such as Siemens and B&R. Strong electrical know-how, proficiency reading hardware schematics/specifications and debugging embedded software systems by probing hardware (e.g. JTAG, oscilloscopes, logic analyzer).
- Development Environment
- Degree: B.S. in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), Computer Engineering (BSCE) or similar.
Optional and Preferred:
- Advanced degrees in technology fields such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Mathematics.
- Proficient in using of Git for code revision control and JIRA for task management system. Proficient in test-driven software development.
- Proficient in Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery Software environment such as (Jenkins, Bamboo, Cruise Control, Electric Commander, etc.).
- Solid background in control theory and algorithm development
- Well-versed in Internet technologies and IoT edge computing