$130,000 with annual bonus (6-10%)
25 days ago
My client's Energy Business group is looking for an Electrical Test Engineer for the Energy Storage & Optimization business. The role will be part of the hardware engineering team.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter that can work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team. The candidate should thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment while the industry and company go through substantial growth.
Travel: 20% required
- Test and validate Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) by creating test plans, conducting tests, and documenting test results.
- Review system specifications, interconnection requirements and develop test set ups.
- Evaluate product and system designs for compliance to relevant industry standards
- Execute product certification testing at in-house facility or external testing facility.
- Participate in field testing and commissioning activities by developing test plans and collaborating with the field engineering team to execute and troubleshoot as needed
- Develop testing documentation such as test schedule, schematic, bill of material, test procedure, and test report.
- Collaborate in a team environment and/or take charge of opportunities to develop optimal solutions for the product development programs.
- Organize the lab equipment and manage lab resources.
Minimum Experience and Educational Requirements:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related field required; graduate degree preferred
- 3+ years of applicable experience focusing on testing power systems preferably Battery Energy Storage System (BESS).
- Experience with testing of electrical circuitry, power electronics/electrical components and thermal testing
- Experience in lithium-ion battery systems testing preferred
- Experience working in a laboratory testing environment and thorough understanding of test lab safety.
- Knowledge of lab instruments such as multimeters, power supplies, DAQ, oscilloscopes and etc.
- Desirable experience with battery and energy storage standards such as UL 9540, UL 9540A, UL 1973, UL 1642.
- Working knowledge of industrial control philosophies and communication protocols
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical