about 2 months ago
Electrical Engineer – System Verification and Compliance
Our client's Energy Business is looking for an Electrical Engineer for the Energy Storage & Optimization business. The role will be part of the hardware engineering team.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter that can work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team. The candidate should thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment while the industry and company go through substantial growth.
Location(s) for this position is in Herndon, VA
- Design, configure and validate Battery Energy Storage System (BESS), that to include component selection, define system architect, functional safety analyses, auxiliary load estimation, and battery sizing/configuration
- Design electrical schematics, one-line diagrams, and application/logic functional block diagrams in AutoCAD Electrical
- Review system specifications and develop electrical control, protection schemes and component selection such as breakers, fuses, relays, and other electronics
- Design and engineer cable schedules for AC and DC including one-line interpretation, ampacity calculation, and cable/termination selection
- Create testing specification and interconnection requirements, select adequate components, and develop/calculate settings and configuration
- Evaluate product and system designs and configurations for compliance to relevant industry standards
- Develop test plans for component and manufacturing suppliers and execute them in lab environment and on onsite ensuring compliance to functional and QA requirements
- Participate in field testing and commissioning activities by developing test plans and collaborating with the field engineering team to execute and troubleshoot as needed
- Develop testing documentation such as test schedule, schematic, Bill of Material, test procedure, and test report.
- Collaborate in a team environment and/or take charge of opportunities to develop optimal solutions for the product development programs.
Minimum Experience and Educational Requirements:
- BS EE degree required; graduate degree preferred
- 5+ years of electrical engineering experience focusing on designing and testing power systems preferably Battery Energy Storage System (BESS).
- Experience in Lithium-Ion Batteries testing
- Experience working in lab environment
- Experience designing and configuring Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS)
- Knowledge on embedded software development
- Ability to design electrical circuits for LV, MV, and DC applications ensuring compliance to common design standard
- Working knowledge of industrial control philosophies and communication protocols
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical
- Maintain positive working relationships with customers, peers, subordinates, and vendors in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player attitude internally and externally
- Willing to travel 20% of the time.