Competitive Salary (DOE)
about 1 month ago
Director, Origination | Power Marketing | Power Purchase Agreements | PPAs | Battery Storage | Renewable Energy
The Green Recruitment Company is delighted to be retained by a leader in the energy storage world. This business finance, develop, construct and operate utility scale battery storage projects across the US.
The company is now at the stage where they need to hire an Origination Director who can specialise in power market origination, transaction structuring, contract structuring and negotiation (PPA's plus other complex products), relationship building (especially on the corporate side) and strategic research as the business continues to scale.
Origination Manager / Director
Working closely with the CCO, this position will develop and implement commercial strategies. The focus will be on closing complex structured transactions as well as developing and maintaining relationships with key market participants. Knowledge of battery storage is a plus.
- Develop and maintain relationships with market participants, utilities, coops, retail aggregators and corporates.
- Keep abreast of fundamental market conditions and drivers impacting the battery energy storage markets (regulatory, operations, etc.).
- Propose solutions and/or deal structures that solve or mitigate counterparty risk.
- Originate, structure, negotiate and close complex structured products (PPA, Toll, Etc.)
- Negotiate, prepare, and close all deal related documents including term sheets, enabling agreements and all other documentation.
- Coordinate with internal departments involved in the transaction including Development, Construction, Analytics, Market Operations, Regulatory and Legal to guide and support the internal vetting process.
- Presents transaction to management team when seeking approval of the proposed deal structure
- Research markets the business is not actively pursuing to determine other market opportunities and provide that market intelligence to the management team.
- Proven track record in originating, pricing, structuring, and negotiating power purchase agreements, hedges, and other offtake contracts for wind, solar, and/or energy storage facilities
- Excellent understanding of U.S. power markets
- Knowledge of state level regulatory agencies and interest groups relevant to energy storage. Experience actively participating in regulatory processes a plus.
- Knowledge of grid-scale batteries, renewable energy, and electrical engineering a plus.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical and commercial issues.
- Strong team player, with ability to coordinate, lead, and take direction.
- Motivated self-starter with strong organizational and time-management skills.