24 days ago
Moss is a national privately held construction firm providing innovative solutions resulting in award-winning projects. With regional offices across the United States, Moss focuses on construction management at-risk, design-build and public-private partnerships. The company’s diverse portfolio encompasses a wide range of sectors, including luxury high-rise residential, landmark mixed-use developments, hospitality, primary and higher education, justice and solar energy. Moss prides itself on a strong entrepreneurial culture that honors safety, quality, client engagement and employee development. Its employees consistently rank Moss as one of the best places to work.
POSITION SCOPE AND ORGANIZATIONAL IMPACT
Moss is a family-owned construction company with revenues exceeding $1.5B per year and growing. Our solar division provides turnkey, self-perform EPC services to premiere utilities and developers in the US. With offices in Florida, Texas, and Hawaii we are able to provide those services coast to coast. Moss needs you to continue to build on its reputation as a leader and innovation driver in the utility scale solar industry.
The Director of Engineering will be responsible for leading Moss’ Engineering teams that coordinate and manage the design and engineering of Moss utility scale solar projects nationwide.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and manage team of internal engineering managers and external engineering consultants to ensure Moss achieves reliable, quality, and safe designs for its Utility-Scale Solar, Solar + Storage, and Battery Storage projects.
- Assure projects are designed and constructed in compliance with all applicable codes and standards.
- Leading and managing the engineering teams to perform drawing reviews of design packages to ensure designs meet project standards and Owner/Contractual specifications.
- Seek and implement cutting edge solutions to add value to projects.
- Research and implement design alternatives and value engineering concepts.
- Support and influence project team and owners to make intelligent/informed decisions to keep the design and project budget on track.
- Maintain good business relationships with clients, consultants, trade contractors, and vendors to assure the support and interest on the construction of solar projects.
- Function as a subject matter expert on Utility-Scale Solar, Solar + Storage, and Battery Storage projects.
- Support preconstruction team and estimators on engineering initiatives associated with project pursuits.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, electrical engineering, or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing projects and/or engineering in the utility-scale solar EPC industry.
- Strong computer skills are a necessity, such as MS Office / Excel / PowerPoint / Word.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required to interface directly with owners' representatives, the design team, building departments and other team members.
- Electrical power engineering principles and familiarity with computer and analytical tools as relate to equipment sizing, load flow and power quality.
- Proficient in reviewing standard PV plant engineering studies including PVSyst Reports/8760, AC loss calculations, hydrology studies, etc.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand plans proficiently is a requirement.
- Ability to read PV plant specifications and understand the subject matter.
- Understand contract management of engineering consultants.
- Travel is required (25% or less expected).