£30,000 - £50,000
1 day ago
Want to join a global consultancy that provides agile solutions around energy management and sustainability to major corporates, designed to optimise their financial, operational and environmental performance?
We are looking for a Desk Lead for the Markets, Trading and Risk team (based in the UK), to take ownership for the effective delivery of the key day-to-day activities that we manage on behalf of our major industrial and commercial clients in relation to the global energy markets, in particular UK and European gas and power markets.
- Fundamental and Technical Analysis of global commodity markets, esp. Gas and Power
- Monitoring and managing client exposures and associated risks
- Client recommendations plus supporting rationale
- Procurement and trade execution
- Daily monitoring of price targets / trigger levels
- Weekly / monthly market reports
- Weekly / monthly position reports
- Internal market support to UK & European offices
- Ad-hoc client requests
- An appropriate background in economics, finance or similar, with a sound grasp of key drivers that impact energy and financial markets.
- The ability to articulate alternative propositions and make recommendations based on sound logic and reasoning is key critical to this role.
- Excellent written and verbal skills are a given, alongside of a sound grasp of the MS suite of tools.