Dependent on experience
3 months ago
Our client are a leading UK design, build and operate District Heating company who have an impressive portfolio of district heating projects across the UK. They are currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer for their design team based out of Lancashire
This role does not necessarily require previous district heating knowledge, but does require experience in design of mechanical building services systems.
This is a great opportunity for a mechanical design engineer looking to join a newly established team who are looking for future leaders within the company. You will have building services design experience and the ambition grow your knowledge of district heating and energy centres.
You will be part of a team who are responsible for the production and delivery of the mechanical design elements of our client’s Heat Network systems across a broad range of sectors
- To design and implement district heating systems, focusing on technologies such as large steam or hot water boilers, heat distribution networks, controls, plant-rooms, thermal storage and fuel storage.
- To produce drawings, reports and specifications.
- To produce high quality reports and presentations, including design feasibility studies.
- To liaise with external designers, suppliers and contractors to deliver cost effective designs ensuring value engineered solutions
- Support the development of company design standards and product offerings to ensure the implementation of good quality installations and a consistent approach to base costs.
- Interact with external design consultants, regulatory bodies, manufacturers and subcontractors to effectively deliver robust technical design solutions for district heating schemes.
- Assist the operational and project teams to effectively commission and optimise the operational efficiency of new and existing district heating schemes.
- Communicate and present to client’s design proposals and ensure client requirements are achieved.
- The development of proposals for tender
- Strong M&E academic background
- Understanding of latest industry regulations and ensuring compliance
- Experience/understanding of communal heating design
- Experience/understanding of CHP sizing
- Experience of working within a quality system of work
- Good communication and people management skills
- Practical experience of developing drawings with AutoCAD
- Ideally worked as both in a contractor design & build and consultancy role
- Very familiar with RIBA Plan of Work and relevant design stages