USD 80,000-120, 000
7 months ago
Our client is an up-rising project developer in the renewable energy sector, they develop, constructs, owns and operate renewable energy projects across Asia. They are now looking to hire a Country Manager to help manage their operation in Vietnam.
The Country Manager is responsible for building the business in Vietnam, assess and develop different market and partnership strategies required to garner a leading market share and visibility for the company in the market.
- Develop and implement, in cooperation with the local team, a plan to aggregate a large pipeline of PV solar projects in the local market. This would include both licensed projects and non-licensed “net metering” projects.
- Lead the overall coordination of the development steps and requirements for all projects including land acquisition, permitting, deal experience with strong financial structuring knowledge and regulatory compliance
- Lead the preparation of tender documents and proposals for PV project bids - both within the government's formal program and with commercial entities interested in solar power
- Manage negotiations with tender/proposal partners and counterparties
- Support external (3rd party) development activities. Identify, negotiate with and engage local and regional development partners
- Set up, in cooperation with other departments, financial models, calculate project economics, and document the development status of projects
- Support the Business Development team in internal approval process and presentation to investment committees
- Ability to connect with local developer communities and other communities nearby the project area
- To negotiate and deal with the Land agents and Government agencies to ensure that the necessary land is acquired within the time frame with proper title and in a cost-effective manner within the agreed budgets
- To keep the management team posted of the risks involved in every stage of the land procurement and approval process and suggest necessary remedial measures to overcome any possible hurdles.
- Develop and nurture long-term relationships with clients, the government, and other strategic partners
- Business/ Project Development experience of 5 years + in the power infrastructure sector in the region (Experience in Solar or Wind Energy Development or Real Estate is a plus)
- Know-how of the local Electricity Sector, (Generation, Distribution, or Power Purchase Agreements). Business Experience and Network of Contacts in the country is a plus
- Should strong in Organic or In-Organic Project Development and proven track record in managing growth ( Pipeline to Backlog )
- Experience in leading or playing a major role in significant commercial transactions with senior stakeholders. Strong contractual and negotiations experience as well as creativity for deal making
- Structured thinker. Strong analytical capability and appreciation of risk versus reward. Good understanding of project financials/ financial models
- Ability to work independently in the day to day activities through in close cooperation and coordination with regional headquarters
- Experience in interacting and managing relationships with partners and clients. Experience in relating to government officials and government departments
- Flexible work attitude and ability to enter other projects and add value. Ability to manage shifting priorities and work with decentralized teams in an international environment
- Understand Vietnam marketplace, familiar with local energy policy and regulations.