about 1 month ago
Country Manager – Greenfield Development - Scotland
I am delighted to be working with a European renewable energy investor & developer who are rapidly growing their onshore wind portfolio in Europe, in particular the Scottish and Nordic (Swedish) markets. The business has already identified around 1GW projects across these markets.
They are seeking a Country Manager to develop the current onshore wind pipeline in Scotland but also identify further opportunities to scale the onshore wind portfolio. This key hire will ideally have 7+ years experience in early stage onshore wind development in Scotland (or similar), and be skilled in land acquisition, permitting, and the entire project lifecycle up to RTB stage.
This role can be based remotely but will have regular travel to sites etc. The company fully support flexible working practices.
Manage all development matters relating to a portfolio of renewable energy projects through-out the development life-cycle, from inception through to delivery. To include;
- Management of land acquisition process for country portfolio
- Development of the appropriate planning-led strategy for each project;
- Procurement and commercial management of specialist technical service providers and key contractors;
- Value engineering throughout the project life cycle; ensure financial and technical targets are met in delivering projects.
- Suitably plan, organise, monitor and report on all phases of projects life cycle.
- Manage and report on all project risks, ensuring management are kept fully abreast of any significant developments.
- Negotiate the key commercial points of agreements including consultancy contracts, landowner agreements, and provide input into commercial decisions, ensuring best value is achieved in all such negotiations.
- Manage the tendering/procurement processes for projects in line with company policy.
- Implement and monitor Project controls and governance systems.
- Construction safety management and environmental management.
- Ownership and deep understanding of each project in the context of its unique local environment, including the establishment of leading community engagement model(s) at the earliest opportunity for each project proposition;
- Application of best-in-class project management practices.
- Financial management of the Irish portfolio to include project budgeting, accounts payable, management accounts production and updating financial model assumptions within the group’s corporate finance function
- Support management on growing the portfolio on the island of Ireland.
- You will have a proven track record of leadership as a project developer.
- Flexibility is important in the team. You will be someone who can adapt easily to new working environments according to business needs.
- As a development professional, resilience is one of your strengths. You will have the ability to drive our projects to completion.
- You are an excellent communicator. You are focused on open and honest communication regardless of the forum.
- You are a team player with a willingness to pitch in where and when you are needed.
- Our business is built on results. You are a driven person who seeks to exceed expectations.
- You will have a very strong commercial awareness. You will have the knowledge and experience to support our projects achieving the required return on investment.
- As a diligent person you are focused on the details. Your aim is to have an in depth understanding of all projects at each development stage.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Educated to at least degree level in a relevant discipline, ideally masters graduate or above
- 7+years' experience in large scale development portfolio management including:
- Experience of managing projects, ideally a Project Management Professional (PMP);
- Record of implementing internationally recognised project management and planning skills;
- Experience of planning, permitting and delivery of grid connections for energy projects;
- Experience of resource assessment and technology selection;
- Knowledge of economic project drivers and financing models;
- Ability to liaise with a diverse set of external stakeholders, in particular, planning authorities, communities, statutory Consultees and landowners
- Proven experience of sourcing new opportunities and problem solving
- Experience managing a broad range of technical consultants and using a systematic approach to ensure project progression.