about 1 year ago
A Sales focussed role, this position is responsible for producing and negotiating contracts for Gas and Power to the Industrial & Commercial market, driven primarily from building successful, long term and strong account relationships with external partners and some direct customers.
The primary task of this role is to enable the expansion of the business in the UK by building and managing strong relationships with Energy Brokers to enable in the continued growth and retention of our portfolio.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is driven and target motivated with the right attitude & behaviours to develop their skills in a commercial role, within an exciting ever growing company.
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside a large, independent energy supplier in their expansion plans. The business is part of a global group and has sustained continuous growth over the last ten years. They are expanding into new markets and enhancing their customer base that has naturally seen a growth in headcount. They specialize in supplying energy to businesses of all sizes, being one of the largest in the b2b space in the UK. They pride themselves in putting the customer at the forefront of their operations, which sees them challenge, develop and invest in their staff whilst continuing to grow and build a European retail organization. They need people with ambition, a passion to succeed and a creative drive to bring innovation to the energy space.
The firm holds their values at the core of everything that they do. They have a consultative approach to their customers, understand the requirements and challenges at hand and identify how they can add value. A passion for excellence, growth and learning they are committed to making hires for individuals that are looking for a long-term career. They encourage new ideas in how they do business and this role will have influence on the division for years to come.
- Develop sales through efficient issuing of pricing and contracts
- Build relationships with existing and New Brokers to maximize sales
- Negotiate prices to maximize growth and profit levels
- Communicating with Brokers and customers in a timely manner to ensure feedback is provided on all issued prices
- Drive and achieve required targets
- Manage and maintain your own portfolio
- Support the Mid-Market Sales Teams to expand the Gas & Power portfolio
- Work with internal stakeholders to provide first in class customer service
- Develop the company reputation for customer service and product flexibility
- To be willing to represent and promote the brand both internally and externally
- To be aware of and comply with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to the Data Protection policy, Equal Opportunities policy, and the Email and Internet Acceptable Usage Policy, in addition to Fire and Health and Safety Regulations.
- You may also be required to carry out any other duties within the scope and purpose of this role as requested by your line manager and in line with business needs.
- Proactive in achieving results
- Able to cope with multiple priorities and an always changing environment
- Strong communication skills: Demonstrable ability to build long term relationships with key stakeholders (internal and external) in both a written and verbal format
- Diligent and dependable
- Mature and professional attitude to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confident persona
- Able to work as part of a team as well as individually
- Ability to think outside of the box
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in a Sales or Account Management role is required
- Experience in the Energy Sector is desirable
- Experience building and maintaining relationships
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent understanding of Account Management
- Effective organization skills
- Concern for accuracy and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good Microsoft Office computer skills (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail)
- Creative thinker in finding new ways to push performance