Flexible Depending on Experience
over 1 year ago
Responsible to leading the commercial lease and planning activities, securing extensions for existing wind farms and developing options for repowering. Initial focus will predominantly be in the UK, with some opportunities to explore in continental Europe.
We are assisting one of the largest independent generators of onshore wind energy in Europe with wind farms in Belgium, France, Germany, Portugal, Spain and the United Kingdom, with plans to continue growing our portfolio of high-quality assets.
- Lead commercial activities in extending the operational life of our wind farms, managing a comprehensive programme securing extensions to operational leases and planning permissions. Develop detailed action plan taking into account current leases and permissions and the commercial priorities.
- Lead negotiations with landowners and land agents to secure extension to existing leases, including where appropriate, options to repower the existing wind farms.
- Develop and implement a programme for securing extensions to existing planning permissions, managing the relevant contractors to deliver a successful and efficient programme.
- Develop EIA Scoping strategy. Project Manage EIA Scoping reviews with contractors, acting as the interface to finalise EIA requirements for planning applications.
- Work with Brand & Stakeholder Manager and asset management team on community support activities, engagement with local community etc. to support planning applications. Oversee communications plan to help demonstrate the value of planning extensions to the local community.
- Work with Head of Legal to develop resourcing plan to support negotiation of commercial and property agreements.
- Interaction with the Engineering team to understand the work that has been done to support the safety and operational integrity of the wind farms, and how this supports the aim to extend the operating life of the wind farms.
- Lead review of Repowering Options. Co-ordinate necessary project work to allow for detailed review of project economics and establish set of recommendations for repowering versus continued life extension.
- Become initial point of contact to review potential development sites/portfolios that may arise through M&A activities, and support Business Development team to help evaluate potential valuations and areas for upside.
- Project manage decommissioning reviews of relevant assets.
- Negotiation of other commercial agreements, providing support to the Procurement & Commercial Manager in negotiating other agreements.
- Experience of dealing with planning applications for onshore wind projects in the UK
- Significant experience in negotiating leases for onshore wind farms
- Demonstrable experience of project management
- Demonstrable experience of managing and liaising with third party contractors
- Ability to think strategically and work cross functionally in a professional environment
- Strong commercial and financial understanding.
- Persuasive communication and influencing skills at all levels
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- High numerical and analytical ability
- Strong and experienced user of Excel or project management tools
- High level of motivation, flexibility and conscientiousness with the ability to work in a constantly changing environment