Flexible dependent on experience + Equity
about 1 year ago
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join the Power Purchase Sales team at one of the most exciting energy companies in the UK, preferably with previous success in the Power Purchase Markets.
As the Business Development Manager, you will achieve your individual sales quota and while leading the agenda for the Power Purchase team, including contributing to sales strategies and promoting continued sales growth and opportunities.
This key position will report directly to our VP of Sales and work closely with the commercial team in an evolving sales environment.
The company is a progressive award-winning start-up that challenges the energy industry. They optimise sustainable resources and create revenue channels through big data technology and innovation.
Their team of experts and their commitment to core values sets them apart and they are looking for talented individuals to help them build, achieve and grow. As part of their tribe, you will be instrumental in their mission to revolutionise the electricity market and advance their global cause.
- Achieve individual Order Book and Revenue growth targets for Demand Response sales
- Attend face-to-face meetings with prospective clients
- Iterate and recommend new sales strategies to the VP of Sales
- Increase the company presence across target verticals
- Encourage and develop lead generation from Inside Sales and Account Management and where necessary generate and nurture own key Customer target leads directly
- Provide detailed reporting of pipeline and quota management
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments
- Develop negotiating strategies in line with overall Commercial team ethos
- Maintain and develop qualification criteria
- Update your job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance the company reputation through participating at events and other industry gatherings
- Proven track record of creating, negotiating and closing commercial deals within the Power Purchase sector
- Demonstrated work experience with successful Sales initiatives
- Experience with Sales planning in a deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated market knowledge
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience of applying strategic thinking to sales
- Ability to lead pipeline management and reporting
- A commitment to continuous professional development
- Good numeracy skills, with a strong ability to complete analytical tasks