A rare opportunity to join a leading international IPP who work across the solar & wind sector.
- Facilitate research and proactively identify wind and solar projects or development opportunities (including operational or repowering projects) that can be secured via acquisition, strategic alliances or through development JDAs (with a local partner) that will allow the installed capacity over the next 3 years to grow and provide options for further pipeline in the future;
- Utilise their knowledge of market drivers to develop concepts into potential business plans/models and bid strategies;
- To be involved and assist in existing commercial aspects with existing Joint Development partners; Carry out a sale process and review bids and following through where an offer is accepted by working on due diligence with buyer and legal, technical and financial advisers to finalise the deal;
- Be able to manage transaction negotiations with counterparts and be able to execute sale or purchase transactions, including of co-ordinating external consultants and internal team;
- Create relationships with brokers to highlight our ambitions;
- Carry out due diligence on targets/projects, create presentations, carry out analysis and interpret financial models, provide local context on the deal/target; monitor and assign appropriate budgets for external advisors;
- Carry out other “ad-hoc” activities required to achieve Company’s objectives; be proactive in meeting Group objectives. Engage in industry consultations so the company can act on new trends;
- Analysis of regulation and risks & presenting this;
- To carry out any internal management reporting required.
- University Degree in Engineering/Economics/Finance
- Commercial experience in Wind or Solar; Development of renewable projects useful
- Excel/Office 365/Project Management
- This is a people facing role and so appropriate skills to negotiate and deal with people is required.
- Renewables Transaction experience
- Understanding of transaction documentation and process
- Experience of commercial negotiations and valuations
- Managing multiple bids/negotiations
- Understanding project risks and mitigants
- Hosting expertise to deliver on time and prioritise;
- Years of experience 7+ years
- Location flexible