€60,000 - €85,000 + uncapped commission
about 1 year ago
The Green Recruitment Company is working alongside a global business that is driving the transformation of the energy sector, allowing their customers to use technology to transform energy into new opportunities for growth and progress.
They offer a spectrum of advisory services: helping customers navigate complex competitive energy supply markets through to implementing decarbonisation roadmaps and renewable energy projects. Working with the customer to design a holistic strategy, they encompass energy reporting, energy supply and energy management programmes.
The Business Development Manager will join the regional (Germany/ DACH) sales team as a subject matter expert who will evangelise the client’s Demand Response and Energy Advisory solutions, the goal; to drive revenue for the company. Working most of their time out in the field, the Business Development Manager will enjoy autonomy as well as the support of a bright, dedicated, and team-oriented sales team.
This role requires a confident and professional self-starter who is comfortable interfacing with senior level leadership, highly-motivated to find and close business, focused on meeting the customer’s needs, and able to work well within a team of sales managers in a rapidly growing business.
- Prospect for and recruit new customers.
- Negotiate and close contracts for the solutions portfolio with these customers.
- Develop customer market segmentation, targeting strategies, and sales planning as necessary and in conjunction with objectives of the EMEA sales team.
- Use existing and future internal systems for pipeline management and sales progress reporting as well as forecasting.
- Analyse customer energy and facility data to understand a company's business needs and related energy management needs and propose solutions.
- Complete detailed discovery of suitable prospect companies.
- Advise the marketing team on ways to improve product offerings and go to market strategies.
- At least 3 years of B2B sales experience
- Experience with closing sales of energy solutions, energy hardware, energy software, energy procurement, consulting, battery storage, electric vehicles, or energy management services in the commercial, institutional, and or industrial markets.
- An inherent hunter mentality and lead generation expertise as well as the ability to quickly identify and qualify sales opportunities to build and maintain a pipeline for new business
- An established network of target market contacts
- Previous experience selling into large commercial or industrial businesses
- Experience within the energy space, such as energy supply, procurement, energy software, electrical hardware, or billing and tariff analysis is preferred, but not required.