£120,000 + bonus
7 days ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside a world leading energy technology business working as a digital partner for Sustainability and Efficiency. They drive digital transformation by integrating process and energy technologies, endpoint to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centres, infrastructure and industries.
The Associate Director for our EMEA Sustainability Consultancy is tasked with leading and managing at team of sustainability practitioners delivering regional sustainability services across the EMEA region. The individual should have hands-on experience in multiple industries and across several areas of sustainability including a strong focus climate, experience with environmental, social and governance (ESG), and general sustainability topics. Familiarity with digital solutions/software for sustainability management, experience in leading senior level client relationships and people management experience are expected.
- Accelerate, maintain, evolve and innovate the EMEA Sustainability and Climate Change Advisory services offers with a focus on advancing and optimizing our service delivery in line with global standards
- Build and lead a team of sustainability professionals at multiple levels of tenure to effectively manage and deliver to client service solutions including:
- Strategy development on varying sustainability topics in focused, detailed workshop sessions with follow on analysis, recommendations and roadmap / implementation design
- Advising and developing strategies aligned with existing and emerging standards, such as Science-Based Targets (SBTs), Net-Zero frameworks, Carbon Neutrality, and other science-align or context-driven abatement frameworks
- Sustainability / ESG information management and program design, materiality, and governance
- Climate risk, opportunity, and adaptation consulting, including work aligned to guidance from the TCFD on aspects of climate risk assessments, disclosures, and scenario analysis
- Develop and lead program management of varying implementation initiatives as part of clients’ journeys including resource efficiency, renewables and the use of environmental commodities
- Experience and innovation around scope 3 / supplier programs, circularity, and other evolving sustainability topics
- Partner with software management groups for Resource Advisor, NEO Network, and other EcoStruxure platform enhancements, merging strategy and performance best practices with deployment of digital tools to accelerate analysis, drive transparency, and report progress
- Miscellaneous other service endeavours as market and client needs evolve
- Participate in and lead aspects of high-profile strategy deliveries with a focus on increasing client relationship value (especially at executive levels) and driving thought leading strategies and solutions for a range of client profiles
- Build a team fostering delivery excellence, high quality service, subject matter expertise for sustainability
- Serve as assist in new and recurring sustainability services sales
- Coordinate regional efforts with global sustainability and climate change advisory delivery teams/ program managers
Education: Bachelor's degree from accredited college/university with 12+ years of experience with 8+ years of experience in the sustainability or energy industry. Proven effectiveness at conducting business conversations in person and with people over the phone at multiple levels of an organization including Senior Leadership (Directors, VPs) and C-Suite.
- A displayed passion to make a difference for the future of our planet
- Experience with climate and decarbonization, ESG and broader sustainability work with strong focus in the consulting industry
- Strong people management skills and experience with an affinity for client-facing activities; personable and engaging
- Deep understanding of sustainability industry trends, challenges, opportunities and associated corporate sustainability network (i.e., prospect, client and industry contacts)