about 1 month ago
Working within the Corporate Account Management team, the Account Manager oversees coordinating and managing all activities for a variety of strategically and high value important customers.
Being the main point of contact for the customer gaining a thorough understanding of the customers’ energy and business challenges and produce a strategy to meet these needs, increase revenue and extend stakeholder engagement through the development of solid relationships with client decision makers and senior contacts.
The Account Manager will have a strong knowledge on customers’ businesses, sectors and challenges and have experience in the delivery of brilliant customer service, strategic relationship management and client development and retention.
- Serve as a knowledgeable main point of contact for allocated customers.
- Develop strategies for the proactive management of a portfolio of corporate customer accounts guaranteeing that all services are delivered to all clients.
- Confirming customer retention through development of extra product and service opportunities and by proactive engagement with senior decision makers.
- Maximise the income per customer from both direct/brokerage fees and identifying and securing cross sell and up sell opportunities.
- Adapt account management strategies and activities to meet the individual requirements of the customer.
- Formulate recommendations and proposals based on a thorough understanding of the customers’ requirements.
- Proactively take care of communications and activities to ensure a timely and profitable recurring income stream.
- Ensure continuing levels of customer satisfaction are met answering queries in a timely manner.
- Make sure a first class service is provided to the customer by liaising with colleagues to ensure that expectations are clear and understood.
- Report any complaint using the agreed internal process. Where complaints arise bring a resolution that retains the client relationship whilst protecting the revenue and interests of the Company.
- Where further business opportunities are found manage the sales process liaising with the correct personnel.
- Supporting sales with securing new customers.
- Keep accurate and up to date customer records and manage all day to day administration.
- Keep well-informed of industry developments in areas including energy supply contract procurement, gas and electricity commodity market conditions, energy efficiency measures and regulatory changes.
- Leverage customer intelligence to inform and support the development of the Company’s products and services.
- Actively participate in knowledge sharing across the account management team
- Support the wider needs of the business as and when reasonably required
- At least 3 years’ account management experience working within the energy/utilities industry and dealing with business customers
- Good knowledge of energy procurement products and processes
- Contract negotiation experience
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to identify customer needs and develop strong relationships
- Successful track record in consultative selling to deliver additional client revenue and maximize retention
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong planning, prioritisation and organisational skills
- Computer literate with strong MS Office (particularly Excel), MS Outlook skills
- Positive, professional and focused work ethic
- Flexible and active team player
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent, including English and Maths at least grade C or equivalent
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent (Desirable)
- Higher level qualification relevant to the position (e.g. Business Studies, Customer Service, NVQ Administration etc) (Desirable)
- Travel to customer sites will be a prerequisite of this role and as such a full driving license will be required
- Employees are required to carry out their duties in accordance with the Company Health and Safety policies and procedures.