Water Consultant – Cardiff
Energy & Carbon
Job Title: Water Consultant
Industry Sector: Procurement
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Flexible Depending on Experience
Site/Office Location: Cardiff
Consultant: Andrew Green
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside a rapidly expanding energy consultancy with their search for a Water Consultant. The company is in it’s younger years and each individual holds significant influence in shaping the direction they head in. The business has a young, entrepreneurial and focussed environment – to be successful, you must not be willing to be one of the crowd; you will innovate and run with your position.
The Water Consultant is responsible for identifying opportunities for savings for clients. This is a new and exciting role for a commercially minded individual to set up this new division to maximise savings for our clients and income. To do this they will develop expertise and relationships in the water industry to ensure a robust understanding of supplier tariffs, products and charging methodologies and how to apply these to meet the needs of our clients today and in the future.
Skills and Experience
• Experience or interest in the Utilities or Water sector
• Excellent relationship builder
• Ability to prioritise multiple projects and manage workload
• Results driven and commercially minded
• Intermediate user of Microsoft Excel
• Analytical with excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communicator
• Build effective relationships with suppliers to ensure product knowledge and supplier processes are understood in the context of matching with client needs
• Contact existing client base to obtain bills and understand water issues
• Capture pertinent billing information and analyse to identify opportunities
• Proactively manage live opportunities and ensure timely progression and CRM system is maintained effectively
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure required information is provided in a timely manner.
• Provide meaningful and timely feedback to suppliers
• Make recommendations for new revenue streams that will benefit our clients and the business
• Understand products and tariffs in the water sector to make appropriate recommendations for all clients
• Present analysis and reports professionally and in line with best practice principles
• Ensure client needs are understood and responded to with an appropriate and accurate and timely solutions.
• Ensure relevant client queries are addressed effectively and in line with the businesses standards
• Present analysis and information to clients and staff using various forums including client/prospect meetings, webinars, and third party conferences as appropriate ensuring complex data can be interpreted easily.
• Develop detailed project plans to track progress
• Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
• Provide professional and timely project updates to client and all stakeholders
• Perform risk management to minimise project risks
• Take complete ownership for service delivery and address any issues
• Develop processes and work instruction for all divisional functions
• Make recommendations for improvements to systems, processes and documents to ensure a culture of continuous improvement
• Develop and maintain excellent relationships with clients and suppliers
• Adhere to processes as required.
• Support the wider needs of the business, as and when reasonably required.
For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to;
Please get in touch with any queries on:
+44 (0) 203 640 2130
The Green Recruitment Company is a specialist recruitment agency that recruits across the environmental and waste management sectors. If this role is not of interest but you are looking for a new opportunity, please contact the named consultant who would be happy to discuss current vacancies in your target area.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Andrew Green
- 0203 640 2130
Apply for Water Consultant – Cardiff
The Energy & Service Assurance Manager is a member of the Technical Services...
March 10th, 2017
Our client is a leading multi-disciplinary energy services provider, in need of an...
January 4th, 2017
Summary: Our client, a leading district heating design, build and operate company are...
January 20th, 2017
The Green Recruitment Company have been exclusively engaged to seek a technically astute,...
March 23rd, 2017