Trainee Construction Engineer
Job Title: Trainee Construction Engineer
Industry Sector: Utilities
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £45,000
Regional Coverage: South West – Exeter / M5 South Corridor
Consultant: Jacob Gilles
A market leading Independent Connection Provider with a great reputation for developing specialists in electrical connections would like to hear from individuals with an engineering background that have experience in electrical distribution. As a result of continuous growth in this sector the company can offer great development opportunities.
The successful candidate will be trained and mentored to manage all aspects of construction management in the construction, installation & commissioning of Contestable Electrical Connections up to 33Kv. Following completion of training, the incumbent will become a Construction Engineer.
The individual will be tasked with a range of duties with a dual aim of assisting the regions Construction Engineers whilst also growing their own knowledge and experience. Formal training and qualifications will be provided where required along with in house training, both on and off site.
To assist in every aspect in the delivery of Contestable Connections for POC Ltd on time and within budget. This will involve a wide range of activities, including Office duties, transporting materials, construction site work and any other duties deemed appropriate. Upon successful completion of training period, the individual will be able to be carryout the following responsibilities:
- Maintain financial control of projects throughout using correct industry procedures.
- To be fully conversant with all relevant business processes.
- To promote and demonstrate a culture of health safety & quality at all times.
- To comply at all times with the requirements of the company’s Environmental Policy.
- Carry out Risk Assessments
- Develop Construction Method Statements and prepare site instruction.
- Record all project variations
- All other reasonably requested duties.
- Carry out Site Safety Audits as required.
- Report all accidents and incidents
- Carry out and maintain all on site inductions and keep appropriate records as per company procedures.
- Issue and record PPE issue as required.
- Ensure all works are carried out to Company / DNO specifications.
- Keep up to date on current legislation & regulations
- Carry out all works in line with Policies and procedures
- All works in the Public Highway to be carried out in liaison with the local authority and to current HAUC Specification.
- All off site work will be signed and barriered
- Ensure that all relevant Safety, construction specifications & technical data are available.
- To liaise with other staff / client to ensure all targets and key milestones are met.
- To provide and feedback relevant KPI information as required.
- To be fully aware of the market place that the company are operating within and to promote the company to maximise opportunities.
- To hold all current relevant authorisations and certification related to the project.
- Ensure that you have the relevant knowledge & training to carry out your duties
- To ensure personnel are authorised and have received the relevant training in the task instructed to carry out.
The Individual Shall:
- Provide accurate quality work within the framework of the company and industry systems, rules and guidelines.
- Ensure work is completed in a timely manner with due consideration to deadlines
- Maintain a helpful and informative work environment
- Support Business managers and supervisors in driving continuous business improvement within the company
- Demonstrate and promote the highest standards of Health and Safety
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office suite (WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT and OUTLOOK)
- Flexible and willing to travel/stay away where necessary.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- It is desirable that the individual has knowledge of working in an electrical and/or relevant engineering arena.
- It is desirable that the individual has a relevant qualification ONC/HNC/Degree in an Electrical technical discipline.
- Individuals will be expected to gain the NRSWA supervisory card, CSCS card and SMSTS certificate during their training period.
- Individuals must have a full valid driving license and be willing to travel throughout the UK.
- Individuals must have a professional attitude.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to;
Please get in touch with any queries on:
+44 (0) 203 640 2130
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Jacob Gilles
- 0203 640 2130
Apply for Trainee Construction Engineer
The Green Recruitment Company are pleased to be working with a leading muti-disciplinery Engineering...
March 22nd, 2017
Our Client The Green Recruitment Company are pleased to be working with HV...
December 13th, 2016
Our Client The Green Recruitment Company are pleased to be working with a...
January 5th, 2017
Job Title: ...
February 22nd, 2017