Strategic Planning Manager – Water
Our client, a private UK Utility company are currently recruiting for a Strategic Planning Manager to join their business during a period of significant positive change. This key leadership role will be responsible for Price Review submissions, investment policies, 5 – 25-year investment plans, asset management strategies and capability improvement programmes.
Our client works to provide water and wastewater services to nearly 5 million people across the South East. This role will play a vital role in your local community and will assist out client in their goal to help to safeguard our natural resources for future generations
Key outputs from this senior leadership role will be Price Review submissions, investment policies and processes, 5 to 25-year investment plans, asset management strategies and capability improvement programmes.
Your responsibilities will include
- Accountable for management, co-ordination, risk management, Board approval and submission of Periodic Reviews.
- Accountable for the setting and embedding investment planning, decision making and authorisation policy and processes for all investment plans and authorisations
- Accountable for ensuring Company Price Review submissions comply with Ofwat requirements and fully represent case for investment.
- Accountable development and assurance of strategic (inc. investment) planning policy and processes.
- Accountable for developing, reviewing and maintaining wholesale investment policy and strategy for the current 5-year period and for the 5, 10 and 25 years and forecasting the 25-year capital plan for the financial model.
- Accountable for investment planning process and systems, and economic decision support processes and tools.
- Accountable for forecast demand on Company services and assets due to population changes; customer behaviour changes; new development, industry, weather patterns, climate change and ageing assets.
- Accountable for the embedment of strategic and investment planning best practice.
- Accountable for investment monitoring and trending against outcomes, attributes, promises and activities.
- Accountable for deterioration model validation and improvement via system and model capability development, data improvement and performance validation and production of asset deterioration forecast
- Accountable for development of centre of excellence in demand forecasting, statistical modelling and asset deterioration modelling
- Accountable for management, preparation and presentation of material for internal or external audit and assurance, including resolution of escalated issues.
- Work with the Executive to ensure buy in to the company’s investment policy strategy, business plan, and Price Review submissions.
- Develop team and individual capability via performance management, coaching and support direct reports in a way which helps them to continually improve their performance and develop their skills.
- Deputise for Head of Wholesale Policy and Strategy with The Executive, investors and Board.
You will have a strong background in the water industry with a thorough understanding of Price Review submissions. With extensive experience of strategic infrastructure planning you will have a proven track record of completing multi-disciplinary work programmes, and highly developed stakeholder engagement capabilities.
Other requirements as follows:
- Essential – Degree in Science, engineering or other numerate subject
- Desirable – Post graduate qualification in science, engineering, water or environment.
- Extensive experience in strategic infrastructure planning, preferably in the water sector.
- Track record of completing multi-disciplinary work programmes to time and quality and managing internal and external engagement for the production of regulatory submissions.
- Track record of building strategic planning capability and high performing teams.
- Track record of influencing cultural change to embed risk management and compliance culture
- Track record of managing internal and external resources beyond direct line management.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Tim Hall
- 0203 640 2130
Apply for Strategic Planning Manager – Water
Job Title: ...
February 20th, 2017
Job Title: ...
February 7th, 2017
Our Client The Green Recruitment Company are pleased to be working with HV...
December 13th, 2016
The Green Recruitment Company have just been engaged by a forward thinking, multi-disciplinary...
February 14th, 2017