Solar PV Yield Expert
The Solar PV Yield Expert will focus on supporting clients in the development of new PV projects and the analysis of existing PV projects across the globe. The work will predominantly be based in our Brighton office but will also entail providing technical support and deliverables for our regional offices (in France, Italy, South Africa, Australia, USA and India). The work will also include project-based PV due diligence work on behalf of leading investors and lenders to renewable energy projects.
The role As a PV Yield Expert you’ll be encouraged to use your creative flair, be creative in your work and develop, test and deliver new solutions to our clients. You’ll be ahead of industry best practice, with a solution-focused attitude and an appreciation of the economics of solar energy development to be successful in this role. You’ll need to have a willingness to travel to meetings, work around the UK and at our other offices when needed. In return we offer variety, opportunity and development opportunities including working cross discipline: wind, biomass, and storage.
Day to day responsibilities
- Solar irradiance assessment and yield analysis
- Energy yield calculations, Performance Ratio calculation and analysis of production data
- Power inverter, photovoltaic module and PV equipment technical review and PV array sizing
- Research and development of new tools and client solutions
- Site inspections in the UK, and abroad on occasion
- Proposal and Report Writing
- Managing Yield / Irradiation analysis deliverables
- Quality assurance for PV yields and associated deliverables
Qualifications & experience
- 4+ years of experience in the PV industry in a similar or related role
- Substantial experience using PVsyst and Meteonorm software, familiarity with other PV modelling software
- Familiarity with different meteorological databases
- Experience of PV design – Commercial and Utility-Scale
- Experience of PV system performance analysis and detailed operational assessment
- Familiarity with PV industry and PV systems including modules, inverters, transformers, mounting structures, cabling
- Experience working within a consultancy environment would be highly desirable
- Cross disciplinary knowledge, e.g. wind, biomass, energy storage would be advantageous
- Language skills, e.g. Spanish, French, etc would be very useful
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
You’ll need to be a highly professional and aspirational analyst with a strong interest in the renewable energy sector, whilst being driven to deliver technical excellence to match the Brighton team ethos. You’ll be an effective technical thinker with strong analytical problem-solving skills and a collaborative approach. You’ll be keen to develop your skills taking this opportunity to progress in a fast-growing specialist team. As an exceptional communicator, you’ll be formulating ideas and communicating these clearly to clients as well as demonstrating your well-developed report writing and presentation skills with acute attention to detail. You’ll thrive on customer engagement and be skilled in understanding their needs and building lasting relationships.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Harry Gibson
Apply for Solar PV Yield Expert
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Green Recruitment Company are representing a leading company performing project development...
April 4th, 2017
The Company: Our Client is a global company which designs and constructs solar...
July 18th, 2017
The Company The Green Recruitment Company is representing a global solar developer specializing...
May 21st, 2017
The Role The Project Manager will help the company regarding the Designing &...
April 11th, 2017