Site Construction Manager – Malaysia
- Monitor site establishment prior to the commencement of construction work
- Act as first point of contact at site for the Owner and all contractors and 3rd parties
- Monitor and control performance of Sub EPC and HV Contractors with strong focus on contractual aspects.
- Coordinate interfaces between contractors, partners, consultants and 3rd party visitors operating at site.
- Direct multi-disciplined operations, including civils, mechanical and electrical works, with daily focus on all details.
- Ensure that all operations on site are operating in accordance with all recommended health and safety standards stipulated in EPC Contract.
- Manage the site team, and ensure alignment for the benefit of the company.
- Organize and lead interaction with 3rd parties including the Utility in concertation with the Owner
- Verify and challenge contractor financial claims.
- Monitor deliveries to site – ensure that site and contractors are prepared for deliveries.
- Ensure that all construction work on site is carried out according to the project design.
- Ensure that all construction work on site is compliant with the agreed upon quality standards and specifications, as per QMP (Quality Management Plan)
- Ensure that all construction complies with all relevant prescriptions and regulations and construction industry standards.
- Monitor on daily basis work progress on site and report on daily basis to SSO project planner, project technical manager, lead engineer, project manager
- Prepare weekly progress reports– based on ALL Contractor progress; including:
- HSE report.
- General Site Report.
- Site Progress Report
- comparison to Contract Programme
- Ensure benchmark construction methods are implemented
- Propose corrections and improvements and ensure they are promptly examined and implemented.
- Lead HSE management at site.(incl. HSE for all contractors) and drive for HSE excellence to achieve KPIs.
- Manage and maintain a disciplined project site.
- Relationship with principals and staff.
- Relaying of information to project office.
- Formal educational background
- Formal Qualification in Construction Management
- Work experience
- 5-15 years’ experience working on medium to large size construction projects with values of 50mUSD more (Combination of civil, mechanical and electrical and dealing with multiple contractors)
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Fully computer literate (MS Office)
- Fully aware local and international HSE Regulations
- Uphold and enforce HSE Code and conduct on site
- Fluent in English – Reading and Writing
- Fluent in Arabic – Reading and Writing
- Excellent Reporting Skills
- Excellent eye on detail and quality standards
- Be able to Lead, Motivate and Communicate with Contractors and Labor
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Simon Cottenham
- 44 (0) 203 640 2130
Apply for Site Construction Manager – Malaysia
The Green Recruitment Company are independently assisting a rapidly expanding company that will,...
January 5th, 2017
The Company: The Green Recruitment Company represent a leading investor within the renewable...
January 5th, 2017
Synopsis: The candidate will work for the Technical Asset Management Department and will...
January 16th, 2017
Our client is a leading multi-disciplinary energy services provider, in need of an...
January 4th, 2017