Site Construction Manager – Malaysia
- Monitor site establishment prior to the commencement of construction work
- Act as first point of contact at site for the Owner and all contractors and 3rd parties
- Monitor and control performance of Sub EPC and HV Contractors with strong focus on contractual aspects.
- Coordinate interfaces between contractors, partners, consultants and 3rd party visitors operating at site.
- Direct multi-disciplined operations, including civils, mechanical and electrical works, with daily focus on all details.
- Ensure that all operations on site are operating in accordance with all recommended health and safety standards stipulated in EPC Contract.
- Manage the site team, and ensure alignment for the benefit of the company.
- Organize and lead interaction with 3rd parties including the Utility in concertation with the Owner
- Verify and challenge contractor financial claims.
- Monitor deliveries to site – ensure that site and contractors are prepared for deliveries.
- Ensure that all construction work on site is carried out according to the project design.
- Ensure that all construction work on site is compliant with the agreed upon quality standards and specifications, as per QMP (Quality Management Plan)
- Ensure that all construction complies with all relevant prescriptions and regulations and construction industry standards.
- Monitor on daily basis work progress on site and report on daily basis to SSO project planner, project technical manager, lead engineer, project manager
- Prepare weekly progress reports– based on ALL Contractor progress; including:
- HSE report.
- General Site Report.
- Site Progress Report
- comparison to Contract Programme
- Ensure benchmark construction methods are implemented
- Propose corrections and improvements and ensure they are promptly examined and implemented.
- Lead HSE management at site.(incl. HSE for all contractors) and drive for HSE excellence to achieve KPIs.
- Manage and maintain a disciplined project site.
- Relationship with principals and staff.
- Relaying of information to project office.
- Formal educational background
- Formal Qualification in Construction Management
- Work experience
- 5-15 years’ experience working on medium to large size construction projects with values of 50mUSD more (Combination of civil, mechanical and electrical and dealing with multiple contractors)
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Fully computer literate (MS Office)
- Fully aware local and international HSE Regulations
- Uphold and enforce HSE Code and conduct on site
- Fluent in English – Reading and Writing
- Fluent in Arabic – Reading and Writing
- Excellent Reporting Skills
- Excellent eye on detail and quality standards
- Be able to Lead, Motivate and Communicate with Contractors and Labor
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Simon Cottenham
- 44 (0) 203 640 2130
Apply for Site Construction Manager – Malaysia
The Role: Reliability Engineers provide engineering expertise to the Generation team, with...
February 27th, 2017
About the Position Our client is currently looking for an electrical engineer to...
March 7th, 2017
L’organisation: Notre client est une société de services dédiée aux parcs éoliens et...
May 15th, 2017
The Company The Green Recruitment Company are partnered with a European solar company...
May 9th, 2017