Settlements Data Manager
Energy & Carbon
Job Title: Settlements Data Manager
Industry Sector: Energy Procurement
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £40,000 + Up to 20% Bonus
Site/Office Location: Surrey
Consultant: Andrew Green
The Green Recruitment Company are engaged by a leading energy supplier to manage their recruitment in the settlements team. They have multiple offices in all continents and will be looking to expand the business and this team in-particular.
• Working with IT, the Settlements department and the wider business to develop integrated performance management systems / reporting which drive operational accountability & alignment.
• Identify opportunities to use data to drive improvements and innovation in the business. For instance to carry out ‘end to end’ analysis of operational data in both the Gas and Power portfolios and identify variances which will negatively impact the overall profitability of the business unit. Drive implementation of these opportunities, formulating a strong business case through detailed cost and benefits for any opportunities found.
• Identify root causes of these errors and determine the monetary impact to the business. Assess the impact of data variances / inaccuracy on business functions; identify solutions and where appropriate implement.
• Provide detailed analysis of variances identified at an appropriate level (e.g. meter, customer, site) to allow the business to further investigate these variances and rectify them as required. Support business users in their analysis, working with them to further refine reporting to maximise efficiencies in resolving any errors found
• Work with other departments within Central Services to enhance and develop their reporting. For instance to support the further development of Accrual and Finance reporting to ensure that effective and accurate controls are in place
• Maintain and develop existing Settlements Business Applications (using MS Access).
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in extracting and interrogating large volumes of highly complex data, using tools such as SQL, Access, Visual Basics, etc.
You will have experience of gathering data directly from source tables and/or using data warehouse tools like Business Objects. Together with your excellent data mining and modelling skills you will be able to demonstrate dealing with complex data and being able to produce meaningful analysis which has influenced change in the business.
• Achievement Drive: Pushes to do things better; sets goals, standards and targets beyond those required and continually strives to achieve them.
• Analytical Thinking: Applies complex analytical techniques appropriately, such as scenario planning and cost benefit analysis. Able to effectively integrate systems by understanding the different interrelationships.
• Information Seeking: Asks probing questions which go to the heart of an issue. Gets enough information to be able to visualise intricate processes, projects or plans.
• Initiative: Puts forward well planned proposals for potential changes or improvements to their own process or area; creates major opportunities and takes action to make them happen. Works around internal constraints
• Self confidence: Likes challenging assignments, looks for and gets new responsibilities. Happy to work alone or as part of the team
• Commercial Awareness: Spots opportunities in the market and the system to add value to a business and improve the bottom line.
For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to;
Please get in touch with any queries on:
+44 (0) 203 640 2130
The Green Recruitment Company is a specialist recruitment agency that recruits across the environmental and waste management sectors. If this role is not of interest but you are looking for a new opportunity, please contact the named consultant who would be happy to discuss current vacancies in your target area.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Andrew Green
- 0203 640 2130
Apply for Settlements Data Manager
Job Title: Graduate Energy Analyst Industry Sector: Energy Procurement Job Type: Permanent Salary:...
May 18th, 2017
The Company: Our client is a market leading energy efficiency business. They provide...
August 8th, 2017
Job Title: Settlements Data Manager Industry Sector: Energy Procurement Job Type: Permanent Salary:...
June 9th, 2017
Job Title: LNG Trader – EMEA Industry Sector: Energy Trading Job Type: Permanent...
July 18th, 2017