Senior Wind Analyst – Offshore Wind
As a leading part of the Wind Resource Team you will support all offshore projects during due diligence, development, design, construction and operation phases.
You will provide technical expertise throughout the complete lifecycle of offshore windfarm projects with a focus on continuous Asset Optimisation and Value Engineering (LCOE). You will be responsible for the coordination and conduction of due diligence studies on new opportunities, the design and continuous optimization of turbine layouts as well as analytical and technical issues in the context of project development, project engineering and contract negotiations. Alongside this you will represent the project interests and hold discussions with third party stakeholders. You are responsible for the team’s analysis with regards to wind climate, turbine capacities, turbine layout, energy yield and other relevant energy yield related and contractual topics.
- Providing technical expertise as a Senior Wind Energy Analyst throughout the complete lifecycle of offshore windfarm projects owned either by the company or third parties, with a focus on “Asset Optimisation“.
- Coordination of a small team of Technical Analysts / Wind Energy Analysts.
- Independent analysis of potential wind resource, site assessment and energy yield modelling, including the identification, modelling and quantification of uncertainties and risks.
- Responsibility for the design and optimization of turbine layouts and the optimization of LCOE (“Value Engineering”) of offshore projects, as well as a supporting role regarding analytical and technical issues in the context of contract negotiations and project engineering.
- Leadership for capacity studies of offshore projects including the coordination of the different engineering disciplines and the identification of commercial factors and sensitivities relevant to the business case.
- Technical assessment of contractual details regarding the energy yield as well as development of models to technically implement and monitor warranties during operation.
- Conducting due diligence analysis with regards to wind climate, site suitability, turbine layout, energy yield and other relevant contractual topics.
- Expert representation of project interests regarding wind climate and energy yield during negotiations and discussions with banks and LTAs, as well as independent assessment of specific studies and plausibility checks of results and reports delivered by external reviewers and contractors.
- Independent handling of specific topics regarding the Asset Optimization Management, e.g. management of feed-in, performance assessment, monitoring and energy yield optimization.
- Independent development and continuous improvement of “best practices“, i.e. continuous improvement of the internal processes and complex in-house software tools used for specific tasks such as processing of meteorological measurements and wind climate modelling, capacity analyses, multi-dimensional energy yield optimization, energy yield modelling, etc.
- Masters or Diploma degree in Meteorology, Aeronautics or Astronautics, Mathematics, Natural Sciences or Engineering.
- Expert knowledge and experience (at least 6-8 years) in modeling of wind farm energy production, wind turbine layout design and optimization (micro-siting), site assessment (design parameters) and a solid knowledge of other relevant topics of offshore windfarms (e.g. foundations, cables, substation).
- Comprehensive skills and experience in development of models, verification or simulation of models, model-based risk assessments and numerical optimization.
- Very good knowledge of flow simulation & CFD software (e.g. Ansys), programming languages (e.g. matlab), experience in use of offshore specific wake models (e.g. FUGA, WindFarmer, WindModeller etc.).
- Highly developed analytical skills, creativity and problem-solving competence.
- High level of self-organization, self-reliance, reliability, persistence and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and team skills as well as a confident and convincing appearance.
- Willingness for task related travel.
- Distinct service mindset and flexibility.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Geraint Powell
- +44 (0) 203 640 2130
Apply for Senior Wind Analyst – Offshore Wind
The Organisation: The Green Recruitment Company are currently working on an exclusive basis...
July 26th, 2017
The Organisation: My client is an accredited certification body for wind turbines and...
September 14th, 2017
About the Company A renewable energy company headquartered in Munich with global interests...
October 10th, 2017
The Company: TGRC are partnered with a developer and solutions provider of solar...
August 10th, 2017