Senior Technical Manager – Solar PV
- Establish technical documentation room (project documents, site drawings, asset listings, PIDs, contracts & agreements, equipment O&M manuals, calibration certificates, warranty, etc).
- Track and record any Health, Safety, Environment & Security issues, incidents and non-compliances.
- Collaborate with the internal parties (General Manager, Financial Manager & Controller, Secondees) in supporting the asset portfolio operations.)
- Manage the relevant stakeholders and regulators (eg. Distribution Network Operator, PPA Offtakers, Land Owners etc) on any technical related subjects / issues.
- Identify and suggest means to reduce costs, minimize risks, or increase efficiency of the Solar PV portfolio and communicate such findings to the GM.
- Oversee and manage the overall performance and execution of all Operation & Maintenance Agreements (OMA) and Project Services Agreements (PSA) for each of the multiple SPVs.
- Record, manage and validate any technical non-compliances, liquidated damages, additional service claims and contractor’s bonus.
- Prepare a quarterly Technical & Operational Performance reports of the Portfolio, to be presented to lenders and other stakeholders.
- Conduct regular site visits across the Portfolio’s 24 sites based on a pre-determined schedule.
- Closely monitor and track the Punch List process and remedial works of all sites, through: working with Technical Advisor (TA) and challenging the items costs, rectification timeline, and urgency/priority based on effect on plants performance – Site Assessment and pre-Punch List issuance validating, along with TA, the adequacy of implementation of Punch List items
- Control CAPEX deployment and supervise spare part stock management.
- Control the payment of Fees, on a quarterly basis in respect of the preceding 3 months period.
- Ensure the periodical calculation of LDs, in order to monitor underperformance and bonuses in the case outperformance.
- Prepare a detailed analysis of PRs, and identify opportunities for improved performance.
- Manage the relationship with PPA Off-takers (eg EDF, Total, Statkraft).
- Liaise with the Distributed Network Operators to (i) ensure receipt of planned outages schedules at an adequate time, prior to the outage taking place to optimize the use of downtime to perform maintenance activities period, and (ii) minimize periods of de-energisation, outage, and/or curtailment and where necessary, propose mitigants to any impact.
- Ensure the calibration of pyranometers in accordance with the OMA; investigate the root cause for the pyranometers providing anomalous results from the others.
- Introduce operational improvements/initiatives and potential upsides that can be extracted from the Portfolio’s operations.
- Monitor and track the asset technical performance (Energy Yield, Performance Ratio, and Availability) on monthly basis of each individual solar SPVs.
- Develop and regularly update technical performance dashboard.
- Identify technical performance gap and advise O&M operator for remedial actions.
- Track and record the technical variance from the Financial Model and collaborate with Financial Manager & Controller to review the technical assumptions for future performance projections.
- Engineering degree (ideally Chartered or equivalent.)
- Several years of professional experience in the aforementioned fields
- European language skills are an advance
- Highly committed, strong communication skills and can work as part of a team
- Willingness to travel preferable
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Dominic Wall
- +44 (0) 203 640 2130
Apply for Senior Technical Manager – Solar PV
The Organisation: The Green Recruitment Company are exclusively supporting a global utility in...
April 4th, 2017
The Company TGRC are exclusively working with an EPC contractor specializing in the...
June 6th, 2017
The Role: Based on regular client engagement (internal and external) define requirements for...
July 26th, 2017
The Company: Our Client is a global company which designs and constructs solar...
July 18th, 2017