Energy & Carbon
Job Title: Sustainability Consultant
Industry Sector: Sustainability
Job Type: Permanent
Site/Office Location: Central London
Consultant: Andrew Green
Working with a multi-disciplinary medium-sized planning consultancy with big plans for growth in their search for a Sustainability Consultant. The business is very reputable in the industry, with expertise working across various projects, including; residential, commercial, mixed-use, retail etc. projects. The business will be moving offices locally to allow for the expansion of the business and the sustainability team has a significant hand in this growth.
The sustainability director needs a consultant to work alongside them and deliver on projects. The business has a family feel and is very involved in extra-curricular events such as ski trips, obstacle course events, cycling/running events etc. and will be looking someone to not only deliver on their work responsibilities but be able to embed themselves in the company culture.
The role will primarily be focussing on delivering the following (in no particular order):
• Sustainability Statements – gather information relevant to the planning policy and site context, and compile a report outlining the sustainability strategy for submission to the planning authority (including London/GLA referable projects, domestic and non-domestic);
• Energy Statements – gather information relevant to the planning policy and site context and compile a report outlining the sustainability strategy for submission to the planning authority (including London/GLA referable projects, domestic and non-domestic);
• HIAs, Socio-Economic Appraisals, Climate Change Adaptation – required to understand the issues associated with these assessment and create a well-structured report with high quality content;
• Other Consultancy – it is anticipated that the Senior Consultant would be required to respond to more ad-hoc consultancy (e.g. liaison with planning authorities, more detailed technical assessment where the subject matter is within Iceni’s range of expertise).
• BREEAM / Code for Sustainable Homes – source, process and present information relevant to the formal BREEAM and Code for Sustainable Homes appraisals. Act as a point of contact with the wider design team (including presence at design team meetings). Responsible for the day-to-day project activities;
• Energy Modelling – source, process and input information relevant to energy modelling (e.g. IES, SAP, iSBEM etc.). Act as a point of contact for the wider design team (including presence at design team meetings);
• Building Regulations – understanding of the principles of UK Building Regulations Part L and its applicability to domestic, non-domestic, new building and refurbishment projects;
As the business is medium sized, this role in particular will have exceptional progression opportunities, the next step will be Associate level – depending on willingness of the successful candidate.
• At least one degree in a relevant discipline, preferably related to science and/or mathematics;
• At least four to five years’ work experience required;
• A thorough understanding of the UK’s planning system and property development;
• An thorough understanding of “sustainable development” and its implications for property;
• A detailed knowledge of the function and application of renewable and low carbon technologies in the context of property;
• Good level of awareness of wider environmental issues associated with property development;
• Good level of awareness of the social and economic implications associated with development;
• Proven analytical skills;
• Demonstrable written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work with Microsoft Excel and Access;
• Professional in outlook, attitude and appearance;
• Ability to work to deadlines, juggle multiple projects and deliver under pressure;
For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to;
Please get in touch with any queries on:
+44 (0) 203 640 2130
The Green Recruitment Company is a specialist recruitment agency that recruits across the environmental and waste management sectors. If this role is not of interest but you are looking for a new opportunity, please contact the named consultant who would be happy to discuss current vacancies in your target area.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Andrew Green
- 0203 640 2130
Apply for Sustainability Consultant
Job Title: Business Development Manager – Embedded Generation Industry Sector: Energy Procurement Job...
July 18th, 2017
The Green Recruitment Company have been engaged by a leading energy services provider,...
July 31st, 2017
Job Title: Head of Account Management Industry Sector: Energy Procurement Job Type: Permanent...
April 11th, 2017
Summary: Our client, a leading Demand Side Response company are seeking a Business...
May 2nd, 2017