Senior Renewable Energy Engineer – Solar PV
Renewable Energy Generation
We are looking for a senior renewable energy engineer with experience of working on and delivering solar PV projects to join our client’s busy team in Brighton.
Our solar team have provided independent services for over 10GW of solar energy projects worldwide and our engineers offer a wide range of technical and commercial advisory services from project assessment and development to procurement and project delivery.
As the senior solar engineer you will work as part of a global renewables team dedicated to providing consultancy services to include:
- Due diligence studies (financial, contractual and technical)
- Construction and operation monitoring
- Contractual reviews
- Energy yield analysis and irradiation studies
- Feasibility studies
- Market and strategic advice
- Project development assistance
- Regulatory development, analysis and review
- Technology assessments
This is an office based role however owing to the global nature of our business there will be travel required from time to time for site and client visits.
Our Brighton team are involved in projects all over the world so you will get the opportunity to gain experience working on schemes across all four continents. The work we are involved with is varied and you will carry out a range of tasks to include:
- You will take ownership within your role and will be involved with managing and supporting solar project developments internationally (mainly in the megawatt scale)
- You will get to experience projects from conception to completion and will provide engineering inputs from initial assessment through to technical and economic feasibility, due diligence, construction monitoring and acceptance
- As well as manging projects you will be involved reviewing and preparing technical and non-technical reports including specifications, reports, proposals, calculations and contracts
- You will get involved with technical tender support, actively assisting with business development and client management
- The nature of the work we do means you will be working on several projects concurrently to deliver these to tight deadlines
Are you interested in joining us? We are looking for engineers with a real passion for solar to join us, as well as this we also need you to have:
- Degree in an engineering discipline (mechanical, electrical or civil)
- Broad knowledge of solar energy technologies and projects
- Experience working on megawatt scale solar plants (PV)
- Experience of producing high quality technical reports in English, to predefined deadlines
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach
- Ability to work both individually and as a team
- A confident communicator
- A deep understanding of the key technical and commercial aspects of solar projects
- A proven track record of project delivery to time, quality and budget
- Experience of project finance and contracts
- Ability to manage and lead project work
What we offer
We are a global company at the forefront of solar energy. We offer an exciting and varied role within a dynamic and international environment. We pride ourselves on providing the full support, training and mentoring to allow our engineers to focus on developing personal and professional skills. Our teams are constantly growing opening opportunities for ongoing career development.
Joining our team you will experience the satisfaction, pride and excitement of turning obstacles into opportunities on some of the most well-known renewable energy projects in the world allowing you to discover unique ways to push your own boundaries and take your career in a fresh direction.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Liam Pryle
- +44 203 640 2130
Apply for Senior Renewable Energy Engineer – Solar PV
The Company Our client has an enviable reputation as a highly professional provider...
April 12th, 2017
Company Our client is a leading manufacturer and developer of Solar PV Inverters...
October 10th, 2017
THE COMPANY: The Green Recruitment Company represents a specialist advisory focused on the...
November 30th, 2017
The Company: Our client is an international presence and offer the candidate a...
July 12th, 2017