Senior Procurement and Risk Manager
We are working alongside a leading energy consultancy in their search for a Senior Procurement and Energy Risk Manager. The firm offers integrated energy services including procurement, compliance, strategy, implementation, operations and maintenance, with a focus on blue-chip clients.
You will be responsible for overseeing the fixed and flexible energy procurement for all customers in the companies’ portfolio. This will involve ensuring each customer has appropriate risk and procurement strategies in place, and reviewing the performance of procurement decisions. The role also involves maximising commercial and qualitative values of trading department through daily activities.
Furthermore, you will take a lead on producing analytical/forecasting models and supplying a constant stream of market data to the trading desk. Therefore, you will produce daily quantitative reports with a focus on informing trading strategies.
The effective and accurate delivery of this position is key in ensuring that the core function of the business is ran effectively, and the renewal of existing energy supply contracts and the support of business development team.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensure compliance with risk policy and risk management strategy and procedures.
- Responsible for providing independent, timely, globally aligned and accurate valuations of trading book position, exposure, performance data and analysis to facilitate trading execution, control of trading, management reporting, market risk management and compliance.
- Ensure all trading activity, fees and positions are accounted for.
- Optimise a portfolio and generate revenue. Assess market trends and conditions to recommend new opportunities to participate in the wholesale power/gas market conditions for internal and external use.
- Establish regular meetings with Account Managers, Procurement Managers, Sales Managers to build collaborative relationships across the company in order to promote cross selling.
- Build positive relationships with traders at suppliers trading desks. Utilize and enhance existing tools, documentation, process & training in providing professional services to Procurement Managers/Account Managers.
- Investigation and resolution of all trading queries.
- Be responsible for delivery of analytics within, including non-commodity costs, power purchase agreements, sleeving options and other products.
- Contribute to the development of the performance parameters for stakeholders to ensure the ongoing competitiveness.
- Ability to quickly assimilate energy data and news from a wide range of sources and provide concise interpretations to end consumers.
- Highly numerical.
- Experience/interests in supply/demand fundamental information for: LNG, Natural Gas, Crude Oil, Shipping, FX, Power, Coal, Renewables and Carbon.
- Clear, concise and confident communication skills, both orally and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel & VBA, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- The ability to undertake tasks to a high level of accuracy.
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent teamwork abilities.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Tom Brookes
- 0203 640 2130
Apply for Senior Procurement and Risk Manager
The Client: The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside one of the largest...
September 11th, 2017
Job Title: Senior Account Manager (Gas) Industry Sector: Energy Procurement Job Type: Permanent...
April 11th, 2017
The Company: Our client is a specialist consultancy that provide a wide variety...
July 11th, 2017
The Client: The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside a leading medium-sized energy...
October 31st, 2017